Weird "numb" feeling on lower left stomach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird "numb" feeling on lower left stomach

For 3 days now ive had this constant feeling of like a numbness on my lower left stomach.Like if u put ur right hand under ur armpit, then go down, thats where its at, about 2 inches from the belly button and just above the waist. there is NO PAIN. even when i push on that area. I am taking copaxone for now, and Baclofen, and a bunch of vitiations (C 1000 mg, D3 200 IU, B-12 500 mg, and D3 1000 IU. ) The skin seems no different to touch. its just the weirdest feeling. its been pretty constant for 3 days. but no pain. I called the shared solutions nurse and she didnt know but acted like it wasnt a big deal. I had my apendix out in December. don't know if that matters. I know this isn't a medical site, but the nurse was guessing it was MS related so im reaching out to see if anyone else has had this

THANKS

Hi Chris,

Sorry that you are experiencing numbness. From the NMSS:

Numbness of the face, body or extremities (arms and legs) is one of the most common symptoms of MS. Often it’s the first symptom experienced by those eventually diagnosed with MS. The numbness may be mild or so severe that it interferes with the ability to use the affected body part. For example, a person with very numb feet may have difficulty walking. Numb hands may prevent writing, dressing, or holding objects safely.

People with MS who have severe facial numbness should be very careful when eating or chewing, as they may unwittingly bite the inside of their mouth or tongue. People with numbness over other parts of the body should be careful around fires, hot water and other sources of heat, as they may suffer a burn without realizing it.

There are no medications to relieve numbness. Fortunately, however, most instances of numbness are not disabling, and tend to remit on their own. In very severe cases, a neurologist may prescribe a brief course of corticosteroids, which often can temporarily restore sensation. http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sym...ptoms/Numbness

Talk to your neurologist if the symptom continues to bother you.

Good luck ,
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I have it too

Hi there Chrisjarvis93,

I get that weird numb feeling in my stomach also. It started in one spot and gradual started getting numb all over the lower part of my stomach. Honestly, I barely notice it anymore as I am numb in most places. I burnt the tip of my finger pretty bad on my straightener and didn't really feel it.

Just a part of MS I guess but I just wanted to share so you don't feel so alone. I have been dx for almost a year now and been having the numbness in legs, feet, fingers and now stomach for almost 2 years. It isn't fun but you will get used to it. Promise
      ~Lindsey

Comment

Working...
      X