Tomorow is the BIG DAY!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorow is the BIG DAY!!

I have an appointment with my Neuro tomorrow morning to decide which new DMD I will start. In an ordinary case I would not be so stressed over but I am at the bottom of the barrel as far as DMD's go.

I started on Avonex. then moved to Copaxone and now I am taking Tecfidera. None of the above have have helped slow my progression. As a matter of fact, my MRI about 2 months ago, showed numerous new lesions in my frontal lobes.

We, my Neuro and I, immediately thought of Tysabri. However, I tested positive for the JC antibodies. But after my visit with my Neuro last week we put Tysabri back on the able along with Gilenya. So tomorrow we decide which is best for me.

To say I am but scared is an understatement. But I will see how it goes and hope for the best.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

I can so relate to what you are going through.

I started on Avonex, then Copaxone, Rebif, Gilenya (in the clinical trial), Tysabri and now on Tecfidera.

My reasons may be a little different, I had either bad side effects or allergies to the drugs.

BUT - I'm happy to say that although I've only been on Tecfidera a week, I've had no side effects.

So keep the faith - there may be something out there that works for you. My thinking was - how will I ever know if this may be "the one" if I never try it!

Good Luck!

Comment

KitOP you are so right you never know until you try. But I tell what troubled me the most. The Nurse and the Navigator for Gilenya could not get theirs stories straight on when and where I was supposed to go for what. So I told the Navigator to speak with the Nurse get it together then call me back. The nurse called me back today and explained everything. Then the Navigator called back with my appointments. I sure hope Gilenya works better than they did.

Perhaps I shouldn't be so harsh they may have just been having a bad day. But nonetheless it did bother me. So here's to Gilenya and HOPING IT WORKS!!!
      Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
      Babe Ruth

Comment

I also take Gilenya. Best of luck. It has been good for me.

Comment

I don't take Gileniya......but I want to wish you the best!

Cheers Way.......

My best,

Susie Q

Diagnosed 6-28-14
          RRMS
          Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Good luck. I hope this new med works well for you.

Comment

Working...
            X