Altitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Altitude

Has anyone ever had their get better or worse when they travel to a different altitude? For example, I live in Colorado (high altitude, low humidity), and went to Michigan (low altitude, high humidity). My symptoms got significantly better. Has anyone experienced anything like that? Thanks!

I do better with high altitudes but it may actually be the cooler weather in the mountains. Or, it may be that I'm usually on vacation in the mountains and enjoying myself.

Comment

I wondered the same thing, but the second time we went was for a funeral, and definitely not relaxing!

Comment

Hi mom2ksk! YES! I too live in CO and when I go to CA or NY by the ocean or sea level my normal everyday symptoms are significantly better. My pain level substantially decreases. I would love to move, but overall the weather here can't be beat and the coast is just too expensive (although I think we are catching up in cost of living!). I have a friend with MS that says the same thing. I wonder why.....????

Oh, and when I go up to the mountains to spend the night, I have a very hard time sleeping at higher altitudes...that has been the case for years...thus, I always bring sleeping pills or spend the entire night awake. Lol!

Comment

Hello mom2ksk and welcome to MSWorld.

I have been diagnosed with MS for 29 years with symptoms that go back to childhood.

I have never had an increase or decrease of altitude affect my MS.

Best wishes.
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
          X