Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three funerals and a wedding...

Well interesting week.

I really am trying very hard to walk the path of the newly-diagnosed very closely beside my Creator.

I am just not sure what He/She/It/Source-0f-all-love is advising right now.

My work with the dying (hospice chaplain) is both exhalting and exhausting. I believe that I am right where I am meant to be in life right now career wise. MS is messing with my ability to be as available to my patients as well as I would like. Not spiritually, there I am good, Physically present. There are only so many good hours in my MS day.

I love my job....truly love my job....however...
    Facilating 3 Memorial services this week, in addition to a very sick dog, wedding and dinner dance benefit, regular job...life, etc.., I am unsure if I am the best gal for the job.

I am wrecked after this week and wish I could do nothing all day. I need a weekend and it is Monday morning.

My question.

How do I give less and not miss someone who needs me?

Dear God, what do parents of young children do with this disease?

Need some energy.

STAT!

hi Frosty,
    I had to list all of my activities on a sheet of paper ( because I cannot remember them),then I had to prioritize them. I was a mess, I was trying to go many different directions at once. After I prioritized my list ( and after I stumbled quite a few times), things got much easier.
    There are so many items that we want to get to but so few that we can. As in every facet of life, there are only so many things you can accomplish in one day. And when you have MS ( some not everyone) you are not able to do everything that you once did. I wish you luck in your journey.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I think I understand your dilemma. My first MS doctor is a lady my age, and she has MS. In the past several years she had to retire and has had several back and neck surgeries, an accident, and of course MS progression.

She was doing hospice work as well as working at several clinics. And she is so depressed about having to stop all that. But, she is a great doctor and a wonderful friend. This doctor gave me her cell phone number the first day I met her and she is always available to talk and consult with me and she always eases my mind with her answers. I try to encourage her to do some kind of internet consulting. She does not need to waste her talents. And she wants to work.

Maybe this would be something for you to think about.
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by frosty123 View Post
        I wonder this, too. Thank God, I was as well as I was when my daughter was little. If I was even remotely like this then...I can't imagine.

Comment

Hello frosty,

Children become the priority. You learn to adjust to the demands of those little people. The care and feeding of those little people can be a distraction and allow you not to focus on the MS. Although, it is impossible to completely forget you have MS and the limitations one might have.

Need some energy.
          Yes

I have always said, I wish I could bottle the energy children have and dip into it every now and again

I don't know if you have tried any of the treatments for fatigue: A.D.D medications such as Ritalin or Adderall, Provigil, Nuvigil. Although it may sound like an oxymoron exercise can help with fatigue.

How do I give less and not miss someone who needs me?
          It's trial and error as you try and live a normal life with MS. As hunterd mentioned, prioritizing can be helpful. As time goes by you will find some of those things that you once found important become less important.

I once thought have a immaculate looking home was important. As time and life moved forward I found keeping up with the house at the expense of family was not acceptable.

Be kind to yourself. Understand you may not be able to do all that you once did.

My work with the dying (hospice chaplain) is both exhalting and exhausting
          God Bless You
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thank you.

I started Amantadine 100 mg 2 a day, both in morning with coffee. I believe it is helping along with VitD and B12.

Still holding off on taking Tec. My thoughts are if I have had MS for 20-30 years, as my 2 neuro believes based on old and new lesions, then I am happy with the progression and will treat carefully my symptoms, mainly fatigue, and not subject myself to possible DMD side effects. Have not yet discussed this with my neuro.

At least that it what I am thinking today...

Trying to listen to the authority of my body, ME.

Xx m

Comment

Working...
            X