Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the 2nd round of MRI'S tell me what Kind of MS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the 2nd round of MRI'S tell me what Kind of MS?

I have "aggressive ms" I was diagnosed about JULY this year and got my 3 MRI's then (Brain Neck Spine). I was put on copaxone for insurance reasons at first (im sure everyone can relate) and am about to start Tysribri (I know its prob spelled wrong lol) I got all 3 again next week... Will they be able to tell me what kind of ms? How long until you was told ??

Chrisjarvis93
    an MRI does not tell you what type of MS you have it only shows the lesions in the brain and spinal cord etc. the type of MS is diagnosed by your neurologist. the type is determine by the severity of attack and if you get better and almost return to normal aka. relapsing remitting.
    if you don't have a period of recovery between attack then it's classified as secondary progressive comes after relapsing remitting.
    Primary-progressive multiple sclerosis (PPMS) is characterized by steady worsening of neurologic functioning, without any distinct relapses (also called attacks or exacerbations) or periods of remission.
    there are a good many websites with more details out there
    such as nationalmssociety dot org

Comment

Okay thanks
      I thought if there was worsening showing in the mri's then Itd be progressive

Comment

Nah. First off, I'm so sorry you have to walk this road. Going to sound like your mother here, but you're too young!

Any hoo.
        You can have a scan that looks like a target at a shot-gun range, and minimal disability. My MRIs have hardly changed a whisker in ooh, 18 years. But naturally enough, I've "progressed".

No-one ever told me I had "severe" MS until last year. I've always had it, but not a peep from the neuros. Always RRMS. Still RRMS contrary to all evidence to the naked eye.

I think they tell you now because they have bigger guns to bring out, like Tysabri.

Comment

Working...
        X