Scaling/Root Planing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scaling/Root Planing

This is not directly related to ms, but I'm a bit apprehensive about the appointment I have with the dentist to began scaling and such. Has anyone gone through this and can give me an idea of what to expect? Will my mouth be sore afterwards?

I feel more anxious about being in a dental chair for over an hour unable to move and stretch my legs.

Hi AnnLouise. I had this done about 2 years ago and felt no pain at all. I had half my mouth done, waited 2 weeks and then had the other half of it done. My biggest fear was the needle. He put some numbing cream on my gums before he shot me up and I felt nothing. My mouth was a little tender for a day or so, but no big deal at all. If you are concerned about not being able to stretch, just ask for a little break when you've had enough. Your dentist should accommodate. Good luck to you!
    RRMS: Diagnosed July 2013
    Assistive Device: cane.
    Meds: Copaxone, Ampyra, Vitamin D

Comment

Thanks for putting my mind at ease! I dread a needle in my mouth, too. That probably will be the worst of it.

Comment

Hello there!

Put your mind to rest. I had absolutely NO problem. In fact, had it done a couple months ago and was a piece of cake.

Let us know.

My best....
        SusieQ

Diagnosed 6-28-14
        RRMS
        Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

So good to hear. Thanks to both of you for responding. I feel more comfortable now!

Comment

Working...
          X