Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swallowing Tests

Originally posted by Pipes123 View Post
    @Tawanda, it has relapsed and remitted for me.
    Thanks Pipes. The reason I ask is that I feel like I have similar issues so I, too, had a yucky swallowing test done last year (pudding anyone? BARF!). Instead of aspiration, I was diagnosed with GERDS (acid reflux). Still wondering if that was the only problem or if my aspirating situation was dormant at the time of the appointment.
    Tawanda

Comment

That's horrible Lisa! You've been through so much and to now deal with this. I think you should definitely get in to see a Pulmonary doctor about the continuing aspirating problem you're having.

Tawanda asked about whether aspirating issues can relapse / remit. I did have this issue before being dx'd. Had the GERD testing done -- that was ok. But I lost a bit of weight over some months because I didn't want to eat for fear of what could happen and how I felt whenever I ate.

So I think that Yes, aspirating issues can wane over time. I hope your problem goes away for you, but until then, please be careful and don't give up on trying to get help for it.

Has your mental process gotten any better? Hopefully after starting the antibiotics you'll notice a big difference. We learn so much from each other here -- all the stories I've read about increase in symptoms and odd things happening when someone has a UTI.

I hope you recover quickly. And I'd like to say Thank You! for all you provide to this Forum despite everything you've been going through.

Please let us know how you're doing -- good thoughts going your way

Bree

Comment

sending (((hugs)))

Hi Lisa, I'm so sorry for the challenges is the jerk doc and the very hard time you're having. I'm just chiming in with some more (((hugs))).

Comment

Working...
        X