Photo essay: Living with MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo essay: Living with MS

Recently the local MS Society chapter contacted me and said a local photographer wanted to put together a "photo essay" showing what life with MS was like. They thought I might be interested, so gave me his name and #. I contacted him and agreed to do it.

I gave him total access to photograph my day from start to finish. Having pretty advanced progressive MS, almost everything is a struggle for me. There are some bright spots though.

I think what we/he came up with is very powerful. I describe it as honest, impactful, emotional, inspiring and professional.

You'll find a link to it in my profile.

I hope you'll take a look and share your thoughts. The idea was to give people unfamiliar with MS insight into what it can be like, so please do share it with anyone and everyone!
    Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift!

The photographs are absolutely beautiful.

Many thanks to you and the wonderful photographer for sharing this with us.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Fred-You are my hero! Thanks for sharing this.
      Katie
      "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
      "My MS is a Journey for One."
      Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

You are very inspiring! Thank you for sharing these pictures, and I wish only the best for you.

GiGi

Comment

Thanks for sharing this Fred! I hope your message spreads well beyond MSWorld. Have you submitted this to the NMSS?

You take care of yourself
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

You are a beautiful, brave man.

Comment

Humbling

I'm very inspired and humbled by your essay. I'm very close to where you are with MS but I have someone take care of me, spouse. I'm so lucky. You are a soldier!
              ---------------
              "It's never crowded along the extra mile." --Dr. Wayne Dyer

Comment

Frederick, you are truly inspiring.
                Thank you so much for the essay.
                God Bless Us All

Comment

Thanks everyone! To Seasha: yes, the NMSS is planning on using this prominently. Not sure exactly how yet. Also, a reporter from the Philadelphia Inquirer is going to do a story on it. He's coming to my house on Tuesday to interview me. Not sure when the article will appear, but probably a few days later.
                  Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift!

Comment

Frederick,

You are strong in spirit AND have an infectious smile! The photos capture the raw and real side of the day to day life that you (and others) lead.

Thank you for sharing with us and the world.

Peace,
                    SH
                    Meet me in a land of hope and dreams. -Bruce Springsteen

Comment

Frederick,

Very cool! Thanks so much for sharing your day - and your life - with us. Wonderful and poignant story...thanks for educating others and giving a face to MS.

Thanks again,
                      Debbie

Comment

Thank you for sharing this with us. The pictures are very well done and you sharing your story will go a long way into allowing people to see the real life struggle some face with MS.

You are a wonderful and inspirational person Frederick! Thank you once again.

Comment

The pictures remind me of the art in Italian cathedrals. Very elegant. Also, I'm sure many of us relate to the details. Lying in bed and the struggle to get up, not wearing pants because pants are just too much trouble(most of us know exactly what you mean), the medicine bottles and the simple meals. That's it.

Comment

Working...
                          X