Relapse/steroids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relapse/steroids

So I just had a relapse and had to go through the fun IV infusions of Solu Medrol for four days. now I'm taking the Prednisone for 3 weeks. I'm feeling horrible.. TERRIBLE! and I don't know if it's just side effects or if I'm still having MS symptoms. My vision has gotten worse. I wear glasses but now it's like my lenses are suddenly not strong enough. stuff also looks hazy or dull... like looking through dirty glass I guess is how I can explain it. I've been having menstrual type cramping but I just got done with that time of the month 2 weeks ago so its too soon for that! my neck is sore and stiff too. I've called my doctor twice and still haven't heard back so I thought I'd see if you guys had any feedback for me. Thanks so much!

So sorry.

Steroid side effects are the pits. The neck soreness is horrible. I've had visual issues similar to what you describe. Hang in there. This MS crap is frequently a battle of the wills.

Comment

Oh I can sympathize! I just started with one day of IVSM in the ER after yet another fall made by bad balance this time. The ER doc decides its an MS exacerbation because I can't even hold my head up. Then my neurologist who had seen me on Monday decides she needs to see me again before prescribing them on Wednesday after my Ty infusion. I am annoyed. I felt better for once after the first dose. This never happens to me.
      It usually takes me a few weeks, but one day, never. Now, I get no more. I know what her decision will be. What a way to get jerked around. Here we go.

I hope you feel better soon. Sorry to hijack your threat with a rant.

Take care
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Basically

Close to the same side effects here.

I just had 3 day of IV steroids - then no more. Just stopped. My neck is really sore too . Vision & balance are off. Totally fatigued beyond my normal. None of this was going on before the steroids..... but I really expected to feel worse before I felt better.

This drug has nasty side effects.
        Tl-Tr3
        DX'07 MS- on Tysabri-

Comment

Thank you all! That makes me feel better. I had a feeling it was from the steroids. Sure doesn't seem worth it to trade one bag of symptoms for another but i guess it's the bigger picture I need to be focusing on!

Comment

Working...
          X