Experiences switching from Avonex to Copaxone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experiences switching from Avonex to Copaxone

My daughter, age 12 has been on Avonex since Dec 2013.
    Dr. Will be switching her to copaxone soon since daughter has developed antibodies against Avonex. Please - share your experiences switching from Avonex to copaxone (3x week ) . Note - I will also post this question on a couple of other MS World forums .looking for answers from both make and females and all age groups.

I switched from B to C. Is more effective for me than the interferons.

Had some trouble, at first, with site reactions. They are usually manageable, especially with tips from Shared Solutions.

Did you have any specific questions?

~ faith
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mamabug;1458453]I switched from B to C. Is more effective for me than the interferons.

Had some trouble, at first, with site reactions. They are usually manageable, especially with tips from Shared Solutions.

Did you have any specific questions?
      No not yet ... Just wondering. Always concerned how daughter would handle new medicines if she had to switch
      (since she's handled Avonex well)

Comment

I made the same switch about two years ago. I didn't have any issues but I'm not 12 years old. I didn't have any site reactions nor side effects. Best of luck to you and your daughter.
        Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
        Babe Ruth

Comment

Working...
        X