Weighted Vest Therapy for Balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weighted Vest Therapy for Balance

I have been looking at a company called Motion Therapeutics. They offer a vest that has pockets for weights. They evaluate your condition and fit the vest and weights appropriately. I've never seen anything like it. It's wonderful, according to the videos on the website. Anyone ever try it?

Thanks,
    Kathy Sue
    Kathy Sue

I not only believe in Miracles....I depend on them.

question

The first question that came to my mind, was, I wonder how much a weighted vest would play in a role of fatigue with MS patients. I suffer from both bodily fatigue and muscular fatigue.

I have only seen weighted items to make people/animals more fatigued. They are used with dogs to wear them out on walks when the owner may not be able to walk the energy out of them. They are used with some children to remind them to sit still or heavy work, so that they can pay attention in class/school.

When looking at the website I realized that these were not for MS patients (not that they can not work for MS patients.)

I would be hesitant based on that fact. I have not tried them.

I utilize all kinds of exercise to challenge and increase the safeness of my balance. You can always ask for PT to help with this if you need help.
    God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

I just completed two months of pt at a clinic that specializes in balance issues. I found there are exercises you can do that will help with this problem, and I continue to do them several times a week.

Comment

weighted vest therapy

Thank you for responding. I have taken so many PT sessions I can't even count. Still do them at home. I guess when I see or read about others finding success I want to have some too. Not going to poopoo it just yet. Still doing some research.
        They're not heavy weights, just enough to help with balance.
        I guess you have to watch the video.
        Thanks for listening.
        Kathy Sue

I not only believe in Miracles....I depend on them.

Comment

Oh, thank you, I now seem to want to purchase everything new

I have my Smart Chr. Now, what would I do if I didn't need a wheelchair. I say I have no strength, but I went to the grocery two miles away and spent twenty dollars. I guess I should stay home and pray more. I can't even remember what I bought, but twenty dollars.

The employees are all very nice to me, but I could easily be a party topic. "That lady that uses a wheelchair, came in and spent twenty dollars for food."

Comment

agree

Kathy,

I agree with you. It doesn't hurt to explore other options.

I did watch the video. I just wanted to add my cautions.

IMO you will still need to do exercises that the PT gave you or that you find to help your balance, even if the weighted vest is good for you.

One of the key points is to keep them abdominal muscles tight as much as you can.
            God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Working...
            X