No announcement yet.

Dating with MS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like your positive attitude. I'm trying OKcupid again . I haven't attempted dating since starting to use a walker last year. I just turned 30 this year and the single life is blah for me now. I have never had a relationship and would love to change that soon.

Comment

Hey Debbie, the surfboard pic is from 2010, when I was still 100% normal (well health-wise anyways ). I couldn't do it at the moment because the cold water makes my legs cramp up.

I like the picture because it's a goal to work towards again. It was scary to go on my first date, because I haven't dated in the last 3 years. I was too busy relapsing and having crazy MS issues. It was the LAST thing on my mind.

This year I regained interest. It's not easy though, because it reminds me of how easy life used to be. I also have to see women my age prancing around while I arrive with a cane, walking much more slowly and stiffly.

I want to date as much as they do though, and I won't try to compete, but I imagine the right person would take me as I am. Cane and all! It's not like MS is my fault or something I did wrong. It just happened to me for some crazy reason that I can't figure out!

Ok, I rambling I just feel that us MS people have endure enough disappointments and we shouldn't be restricted from getting what we want because of a disease that is out of our control.

Comment

Working...
      X