Eye Muscles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eye Muscles

They still haven't gotten all the paper work done for beginning my treatmment of Rebif and the ball was supposed to be rolling on my June 28th diagnois. Does anyone get where your eye muscles feeling like they are playing tug of war. Lately my eyes have been so tired and hard to close sometimes. I have terrible light sensitivity and recently diagnosed with ocular migraines. My head does'nt hurt like a headache. They are upping my prizm perscription because I had a change in my eyes in six months. My eyes feel half shut and when I try to shut them it hurts. Any thoughts? I 'd appreciate it.

Thank you in advance. I don't mean to complain.

Susie Q.

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Hi Diamond, sorry you are not feeling well. Hopefully the change in prism will help you feel better, at least your eyes anyway.

If it doesn't get better with that, go back and see your ophthalmologist.

Take care
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Lisa. Hopefully the prizms will help. If not a trip back to the Doc's office will be the next step.

Thanks for the reply.
      Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
      RRMS

Comment

Eye muscles

I went to see a neuro ophtalmologist with this and she diagnosed me with INO which is a condition that is often related to MS or brain injuries.
        There are two ways to deal with it, either with prisms that just help easing the muscle spasms or with steroids. For me by the time I got to the doctor was too late, so I got the prisms. I can't wear them for long and after a while they started to pull my eyes in, so I stopped using them.

My first episode started about 4 years ago and only lasted about a minute each time. I would get spasms up to 40 times a day, I would cover my eye that would turn in and then it would subside on its own. Then it stopped after 3 months, then it came back again. I couldn't drive because the light poles would trigger an episode. I went to see several doctors, and the most ridiculous treatment I got was to get +3diopters added to my glasses. I was supposed to have them on all day for at least 2 days a week for two months. I got so worn out by the end of the first day that I decided I won't be doing that since I couldn't even leave the house. I have four kids that need to be taken and picked up from school... Needless to say there was no mention anywhere of this method. So beware there are some interesting approaches out there…
        My neuro says that my eyes are going crazy when she does the tracking test. There are a lot of videos on youtube about this condition.
        I hope this helps.
        RRMS Diagnosed December 2009,
        on Copaxone December 2009-October 2011 -
        Starting interferons hopefully soon.

Comment

Maple 25

When I have time tonight I will view youtube. That is a great help and I thank you for your informative post.

Susie Q

Diagnosed 6-28-14
          RRMS

Comment

P.S.Maple5

Believe it or not I am allergic to steroids.

Me

Diagnosed 6-28-14
            RRMS

Comment

Working...
            X