Scents,Smells short of breath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scents,Smells short of breath

was wondering if anyone experiences this...
    strong scented candles flowers any strong smell basically takes my breath away....
    almost gasping for air.
    i know i now have one lung weaker than the other....
    thanks to MS, but i have never had issues with smells B4

I do too. Don't know if it is MS or asthma, but strong smells like perfume make me feel terrible. I can't breathe and i feel sick all over.

If it is the scented candles, it could be the smoke that is bothering you. I wish I knew where one illness leaves off and the other begins. All we can do is avoid things that make us feel worse.

Comment

Me too

I have this scent-adverse and gasping breathing also. My asthma can be triggered so easily now by any perfumes (cosmetics), commercial products (cleaners), and candles are horrid.

The neuro says I have "air hunger" from years of deteriorated muscle tone in the upper chest due to limited nerve activity from MS. A few weeks ago, my PCP tested my lung capacity at 43%. So I am now seeing a pulmonologist and took prednisone for a week. And I'm continuing with a steroid inhaler for a month, after which time I will get a one-hour (one hour !!!) breathing test at the pulmonary clinic.

One thing leads to another. Good luck to you both.
      Stay lifted,
      Mermaid
      "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."

-Henri Amiel

Comment

not alone

well now i know i am not alone in this symptom.

think about the seven wonders of the world...
        what about the many many wonders of MS....

Comment

Working...
        X