Those "bad" days!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those "bad" days!

What are your bad days like? Are they usually the same or do they fluctuate a lot?

When I'm having a bad day I am usually very shaky, heart rate goes up and down, legs feel painful and sore, extremely fatigued and weak and anxious. This feeling of the shakes sometimes comes as I'm waking up and I kind of feel it inside. Sometimes I want to sleep, but just can't get comfortable. And I get a few palpitations or chest flutters.

I'm never sure if I'm experiencing nerve pain or muscle pain or a combo. Get some stinging in my face too.

On those days I usually forgo certain meds that I take for other things. Seems like I get extra sensitive to meds during those bad days. Never really know what to take except for a little Xanax. That usually helps more than anything. I just don't want to muddy the waters with extra medication on bad days.

I find myself just hanging my head because it takes too much effort to sit up straight. I'm a little woozy-dizzy too. Not sure if it's just fatigue or lightheadedness. It all runs together and feels the same.

Ultimately I never really know for sure if it's a bad MS day or something else.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Tired

Marti I think what you describe is what most of us feel to a greater or lesser degree. I know some of us can handle a problem easier or worse then the next person. I think it is much harder for the younger generation then the older ones.

After all they still have their whole life ahead of them and being sattled with this disese for the rest of their lives is anything but easy.

I have had it for almost 50 years and for the most part when something new happens it is just another thing. Not like it was when I was much younger. I think as we get older it is much easier to accept and get on with living.
    I pray that thiongs will become easier for you.

Comment

Bad Days

Sounds toooo familiar . Add to that my trigeminal neuralgia, HUG, skin rashes that itch me to insanity and I end up moaning from this, that, or any combination, just like an old Chinese restaurant menu - 1 from column A, 2 from column B .

Hang in and stay cool,
      Maris

Comment

I think that "bad days" and fluctuations are not uncommon for a lot of people with MS.

My experience is different. I tend to be fairly stable. My symptoms tend to be residual symptoms, that "remain to discomfort or disable", following my MS illness and its flares. If I have a "bad day", that is a red flag for me, and is likely the beginning of an MS flare.

~ Faith
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I get this too, in fact today I'm having the same issues. It's really hot out and so I'm indoors with the A/C on. I just don't feel right, very tired, dizzy.

I always try to go out and do something even if it's a short trip, guess just to prove I can. Just really sucks when this happens.

Comment

Working...
          X