Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any tips on how to tell my neuro this nicely?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now it's even trickier

I saw him and he was very happy I'm doing so much better. I asked if this was remission and he was hesitant and said I am definitely cooling down so I'm in a cooling down remission.

He was completely different then when I saw him twice before for MRI and then Dx. I thanked him for the help and he was very happy and said 'my pleasure'. I even got to ask a bunch of questions. While answering one he said he was a tertiary neuro for me and the high ranking one that set me up on Ty is like the manager of my team.

She works at 'the best MS hospital' so she can call the shots. I am great for her because my MS is so unique it's good for her doctor residents going into neurology.

So, who is my permanent neuro? I have a team. Even though it's good experience for doctors getting into neuro, it's supervised by the director of neurology residency.

I have a team so special.

I see this neuro again in April 2015. Whoa. One at the hospital and next MRIs in October. I feel like I'm so touch and go because... Well, I'm unique. I am getting better
    Sx start May '13 | Dx'd Dec '13 | Tysabri Feb '14 [Neuro's call&saved my life]
    Just because we don't feel flesh, doesn't mean we don't fear death

Comment

I worked in a psych hospital with some wonderful psychiatrists on staff. One told us that if we are ever displeased with a doctor treating us for anything, fire them. He said your doctor is no different than your plumber, your mechanic or anyone you hire to provide a service. He asked us, if you were unhappy with them, would you keep letting them help you? He knew most doctors have huge egos and that many people feel uncomfortable speaking up to a doctor. But, I have never forgot his analogy, and if a doctor and I don't have a good working relationship, I "fire them" and move on. My health trumps their ego. And believe me, not all doctors know everything, even the things they should.

Comment

Working...
      X