This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"When I Walk"

I just watched the documentary "When I Walk"'and overall I thought it was pretty good. I think it gives people a good perspective on what it's like to live with MS albeit only PPMS. But I think they can get an overall idea. The one part I did not agree with is when he said he did not think he would live past 50. With MS, as we all know it is an unknown. His progression may just stop. You never know with this crazy disease.
    But I did enjoy it I and I am going to do my best to have my family sit and watch it with me. Perhaps they will gain a better perspective on what I am currently going through. Right now I am having more difficulty walking due to the spasticity in my legs and none of the meds seem to work to help me with it. As is usual somedays are worse than others and today is one of the bad days.
    Has anyone else seen the show if so what are your thoughts?
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

I watched the entire video.

Some issues I thought about, after viewing it:

It mentions (I think that's what was said) that his wife's mother had MS. Yet she seemed totally blindsided about
    the course of Jason's disease. Maybe her mom had RRMS and here mom's course of the disease was less disabling. Maybe she was just young and naive not thinking Jason could go downhill so quickly. But she seemed to be determined to stick with him and take what came along.

I also felt that somehow he expected his wife to just take
    this in stride, and he was almost "cold" when discounting her feelings...for instance when she's pregnant and having to push the scooter...he didn't seem too concerned, or when he was editing his film and wasn't too patient with her trying to help him.

The mom bugged the dickens out of me at the beginning, but redeemed herself later in the field saying she hadn't realized how bad he was going to get and had been in denial.

As to what I mentioned above, those were observations, not criticisms of the individuals. I do think it was a true, honest portrayal about what his life is like with PPMS and a rapid deterioration '

Comment

Moved Posts

Hey everyone - I moved these posts to the sticky for 'When I Walk'.
      http://msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=133477
      Ashley Ringstaff
      Ringer1319/RingpOP
      MSWorld Volunteer
      Living with MS since 8/30/10

Comment

Working...
      X