Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"When I Walk"-- Anyone reluctant to watch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think-I am sorry you are not yet having Lemtrada. I know you have thought a lot about it and have given it careful consideration. I am carefully watching the progress of the drug because I am considering it for myself...but again...I am watching to see results. I do think it will be approved here in the US...the drug company just needs to do the right thing.

As far as controversial, I recently read through a post where three or so moderators bashed someone. It took three of them...one wasn't enough. And it was all public...someone could have sent the person a personal email or not allow the post. That horse did not get beat bad enough the first or second time...and just when they were getting up and their wounds were healing...BAM...whacked again. Good Lord!

RINGOP pretty much laid out the guidelines above for submitting reviews...do not give a negative review...so I will not do so. I don't want to start a fight over something controversial. In fact my posts are going to become quite limited.

But, Jason DaSilva is indeed a very talented and courageous person to do what he did...and for that he should commended.
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I have it in my queue to watch maybe today, but I am DELIGHTED that there is finally something out there on people with PPMS. You never hear about it, no one ever talks about it, most researchers don't bother to research us, etc. We are like the ugly stepchild, you know?

Comment

I just couldn't

Being newly diagnosed I couldn't bring myself to watch. I don't know if it's I'm scared or if I am being weak. I haven't even started treatment yet due to insurance and I'm not in denial but just couldn't do it. Maybe when I'm a bit stronger I'll be able to bring myself to watch.

Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
        RRMS
        Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Some Clarification

Originally posted by KatieAgain View Post
          Think-I am sorry you are not yet having Lemtrada. I know you have thought a lot about it and have given it careful consideration. I am carefully watching the progress of the drug because I am considering it for myself...but again...I am watching to see results. I do think it will be approved here in the US...the drug company just needs to do the right thing.

As far as controversial, I recently read through a post where three or so moderators bashed someone. It took three of them...one wasn't enough. And it was all public...someone could have sent the person a personal email or not allow the post. That horse did not get beat bad enough the first or second time...and just when they were getting up and their wounds were healing...BAM...whacked again. Good Lord!

RINGOP pretty much laid out the guidelines above for submitting reviews...do not give a negative review...so I will not do so. I don't want to start a fight over something controversial. In fact my posts are going to become quite limited.

But, Jason DaSilva is indeed a very talented and courageous person to do what he did...and for that he should commended.
          Okay - I'm not sure what you are talking about where moderators had 'bashed' someone but please show me where this happened so I can address the issues.

As for what I had stated... I wasn't saying you can't write 'negative reviews' - just to not be completely rude with any comments made about the film. In no way was I discouraging anyone to give their honest opinion on the film but I know that since this is about our life, it is very emotional and we all will have different thoughts about the film.

My post was also not directed towards anyone that had posted in the thread so far. It was just an in general post for all members to see.

I'm sorry you feel like your posting must be 'limited' due to what I stated but it seems that you took it in a way that was unintended.

I've seen reviews on general review websites on different films here and there, and I know that it can cause an argument if things are said in a rude manner.

If you don't like the film, or if anyone else doesn't, you have your right to express that here at MSWorld, all I have asked is that ALL reviews (positive or negative) be respectable and follow MSWorld's Guidelines.
          Ashley Ringstaff
          Ringer1319/RingpOP
          MSWorld Volunteer
          Living with MS since 8/30/10

Comment

Reply to Susie

Originally posted by Diamond57 View Post
            Being newly diagnosed I couldn't bring myself to watch. I don't know if it's I'm scared or if I am being weak. I haven't even started treatment yet due to insurance and I'm not in denial but just couldn't do it. Maybe when I'm a bit stronger I'll be able to bring myself to watch.

Susie
            Susie - I can completely see where you are coming from on this. If I had still been newly diagnosed when this was premiered, I don't think I would of watched it either. But I can't really say exactly what I would have done, because I'm not in that situation.

You are in no way weak, let me just say that. For you to be taking part in a Forum for MS shows strength.

And on the scared part, it's okay to be scared... trust me on that. I'm still scared about things concerning my MS.
            xoxo
            Ashley Ringstaff
            Ringer1319/RingpOP
            MSWorld Volunteer
            Living with MS since 8/30/10

Comment

Ringpop....

Thank you for your thoughtful comment.

Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
              RRMS
              Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

In general, if you've been recently diagnosed - I would not recommend watching it. If you're as far as or close to how he is, it may help express what is so hard to communicate to others.

I watched the first half and then skipped to the end. I don't know if I can bear watching it, but probably will later.

One more note: He has had a rapid progression. Not everyone will be hit so hard. And especially those who are newly diagnosed Relapsing Remitting, which is the vast majority, starting medication can slow the disease, so you should do that... and get your vitamin D levels tested.

Comment

Originally posted by RingpOP View Post
                  Okay - I'm not sure what you are talking about where moderators had 'bashed' someone but please show me where this happened so I can address the issues.

As for what I had stated... I wasn't saying you can't write 'negative reviews' - just to not be completely rude with any comments made about the film. In no way was I discouraging anyone to give their honest opinion on the film but I know that since this is about our life, it is very emotional and we all will have different thoughts about the film.

My post was also not directed towards anyone that had posted in the thread so far. It was just an in general post for all members to see.

I'm sorry you feel like your posting must be 'limited' due to what I stated but it seems that you took it in a way that was unintended.

I've seen reviews on general review websites on different films here and there, and I know that it can cause an argument if things are said in a rude manner.

If you don't like the film, or if anyone else doesn't, you have your right to express that here at MSWorld, all I have asked is that ALL reviews (positive or negative) be respectable and follow MSWorld's Guidelines.
                  I have sent you an email offline.
                  Katie
                  "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
                  "My MS is a Journey for One."
                  Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

To the newly diagnosed...

I don't think I could have watched this movie during the first couple of years following diagnosis. It was too hard sometimes dealing with all my own "stuff", so you should not feel bad, or weak, to not watch this film.

Jason shared his story on how he coped. We are all each writing our own story, based on our life experiences. Perhaps, someday down the road, the time will be right for you to see this film, but until then, don't be hard on yourself....it takes time (years) to understand your own MS....well, at least it did for me! )

IMHO, a great movie, with Jason DeSilva taking a lot of courage and strength to put such personal details of his life out there for everyone to see, and to especially show the typically unseen side of progressive MS.

Comment

I think what 'the book' is trying to say is

We are very helpful people. And we know that we have helped a lot of people. Now that we are dealing with these illnesses, we are unable to financially and physically help the people we used to help.

Even though we don't realize it, we are still helping them. Now, being bedridden, in pain, etc., we are able to help a new set of people, who we were unable to reach before.

Now, they see us as more the same as them, emotionally and physically. And we can still reach the previous people, without even realizing it.

Comment

Hi Jody, I agree with you, it definitely made me grateful that I could use my hands and eyes and can still draw on the same level as before I was dxed.

Kate, I'm guessing you think bringing a life into this world you can't possibly participate in helping raise wasn't the right thing to do. . .the only other possible objectionable thing was his assertion at the beginning that you can't die from MS. His wife decided to hitch her star to that wagon. Being young too, you can see that she really didn't understand the full ramifications of that decision, but she decided to stick, and how many people so much older cut and run?

I'm more worried he's taken chemotheraputics, but glad that he sought genetic counseling. I hope that he doesn't pass this curse on, but it looks like the baby will be well taken care of by extended family, and maybe treatments in the next generation will render MS a minor annoyance.

I liked the film myself. He's had to mature real quick from being a playboy to trying to cram a life into less than a decade. It's also a nice counterpoint in linkshare form to so-and-so hikes in the desert and dances with the stars.

Comment

After 50+ years of MS

It is about time someone sees that MS can have another side. We are not all driving race cars or climbing mountains. YEAH for all the ones who still can. I run my wheelchair as fast as possible. Feels good!

He is not as bad as me but I welcome any others who wish to discuss that worsening side of MS to contact me or several others around the site who have long term MS.

We ain't dead yet.

KK

Comment

meh

I just watched it & didn't love it or hate it. No emotional reaction to it.

I guess my expectation of a documentary was that it would be more in depth coverage of MS, treatments, etc. Seemed like a video blog to me...all feelings & not much substance.

I wish him all the best.

Comment

I have no interest in watching it. I live this every day. I may not be PPMS but I am losing bit by bit and I know where I am headed. I don't need a reminder.

Having said that, kudos to Jason DaSilva for making this documentary.

Comment

I didn't watch it. I don't want to watch it. I was diagnosed 10 months ago and am currently doing just fine - no symptoms at all, not even related to heat, and I just don't want to see what could potentially lie ahead for me.
                                No sir, I don't like it.
                                Diagnosed August 30, 2013.

Comment

Working...
                                X