No announcement yet.

feeling horrible every day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just tell everyone that I am "hanging in there". Which I am. Some days it is easier than others.

Comment

Just peachy!

Comment

how are you doing?

diguillio
        My answer is simple. Great. Everday above ground is a great day. I feel like crap almost every day but it is still better than not being here on this earth at all.
        Hang in there!

Comment

It used to bother me too, worst person that always asks is rude and then some here's some her quotes after she asks how are you doing. If your fine has the MS gone away. I thought you couldn't read some times but I saw you reading so are you healed of the MS. So if your fine why don't you drive the car now. If your fine why don't you walk to the bus stop you don't need your scooter. There that's a few of them and yes its my mother unlawful. So now if she or anyone say how are you feeling I tell them any better and I would be dangerous so good I've been going a hundred miles an hour with my hair on fire. My all time favorite is feeling so good its been like shaving my head with a cheese grader!
          Try those answers they stop asking after a few times.

Comment

In a strange way, I'm sadly relieved to read some of these replies. I'm not alone, if that makes sense.

Comment

This has become an interesting question for me, having been diagnosed for more than decade.

Since my MS has gotten worse in the last few years, I use this question as a gauge for whether or not we have a true friendship. When you're feeling pretty decent, or at least able to hide most things, sometimes the question can make you resentful, singled out or scared. Later on, all you'd like is for someone to ask you that question and really care about the answer!

Since people not really caring about the answer makes me feel more lonely than if they had never asked me a question at all, I usually just give a stock answer that isn't overly enthusiastic or over-sharing. I save the truth for those who really care and support wherever I'm at.

Comment

The Seive

I usually say "Hard to tell." People are amused, and most understand that neither of us want to go any further with discussion of the topic.

Stay lifted,
                Mermaid
                "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."

-Henri Amiel

Comment

I often answer FINE, which I was told is an acronym for Freaking out, Insecure, neurotic and emotionally insecure. I no longer find that I should hide how I feel. Most days I say Lord Willing, I will make it through the day, if He's not, I won't. I can say this with a smile and not feel like I am lying about how I feel. Most days something hurts. Most days one or more of my symptoms cause some type of disability.

This morning I mopped 2 floors--very small floors. When I was done I was very overheated, running into walls and the tremors in my hand was so bad that I had to hold my left on my right in order to use the mouse on the computer. After cleaning the cats litter box and the bathroom it was time for a 3 hour nap. It is so frustrating. I have so much more that needs done and no energy to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by bjrnewlife2013 View Post
                    I often answer FINE, which I was told is an acronym for Freaking out, Insecure, neurotic and emotionally insecure. I no longer find that I should hide how I feel. Most days I say Lord Willing, I will make it through the day, if He's not, I won't. I can say this with a smile and not feel like I am lying about how I feel. Most days something hurts. Most days one or more of my symptoms cause some type of disability.

This morning I mopped 2 floors--very small floors. When I was done I was very overheated, running into walls and the tremors in my hand was so bad that I had to hold my left on my right in order to use the mouse on the computer. After cleaning the cats litter box and the bathroom it was time for a 3 hour nap. It is so frustrating. I have so much more that needs done and no energy to do it.

I don't know how I missed this one. I just cut a few weeds and my hands are shaking like crazy. Is there anything we can do for tremors??
                    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

I have 2 standard answers: "Having a good day" or "Having a rough day". My favorite is when people ask me "are you getting better"? I want to say "do you understand what a chronic illness is"? Instead I just smile and say "things are stable for now". Then there are those who really don't care and just ask to be nosey. They get a "fine" and no more. Only a handful of family and friends really understand and know when I'm having a rough day. They don't ask, they just jump in and help without me asking. I get what everyone is saying. You get tired of being polite when you really just want to yell "feel like crap thanks for asking".
                      RRMS: Diagnosed July 2013
                      Assistive Device: cane.
                      Meds: Copaxone, Ampyra, Vitamin D

Comment

Glad this got a bump. Co-worker called and asked and I said, I feel like a defecated me out on the floor of a taxi cab. Only I didn't say "defecated." Drove the point home I think.

Comment

Me

I tell people I just have health issues with ups and downs with a smile on my face. I always say.....Thank you for asking.

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                          RRMS
                          Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Working...
                          X