post-exercise spasticity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

post-exercise spasticity

My work schedule has changed, and it's been harder for me to exercise. I'm now noticing that if I exercise more than slightly, when I go to relax (ie. go to bed several hours later), the muscles tighten, and I'm in severe pain for hours. I'm already taking baclofen. Any other ideas for controlling?

I take Trazodone at bedtime, 100mg. It helps me sleep, helps with nighttime spasticity, pain, and it is safe and cheap.
    Take care, Wiz
    RRMS Restarted Copaxone 12/09

Comment

I also take trazodone and helps. I feel a bit groggy in the morning with all the other pills I take.

Diagnosed 6-28-14
      RRMS
      Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Originally posted by heliotrope View Post
        My work schedule has changed, and it's been harder for me to exercise. I'm now noticing that if I exercise more than slightly, when I go to relax (ie. go to bed several hours later), the muscles tighten, and I'm in severe pain for hours. I'm already taking baclofen. Any other ideas for controlling?
        Hi heliotrope,

Join a yoga / stretching class. Get a PT or better yet a trainer with experience using that rolling pin thing... and someone with strong hands and a knowledge of the body. Works miracles—really.

Almost like normal... remember normal!?

Jer

Comment

Working...
        X