You do have my prayers, we keep on trying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You do have my prayers, we keep on trying

You r all in my prayers. I'm not saying which illness is the most painful and difficult to deal with. Sunday, at Church, the ladies asked me how I was feeling, and that I looked good.

I have had more people tell me, "that I look good," than I have in my entire lifetime. I know they are trying to be kind, but I always get the impression, "u must not b 2 sick, because u look good. I know that's not what they mean, but I'm just oreracting to the comments, as usual.

Hey, at least a shower and clean clothes, even if they aren't ironed. It sure seemed like I used to work very, very hard, & never got the comment, "U look good." So hey, c there is something positive 2 say. If they only knew how difficult it is 2 get that shower, and wash those clothes.

My daughters always want 2 take me shopping, but I've worn these clothes for 8 yrs, & if I want 2 wear uncomfortable clothes, I still have those work clothes from 30 yrs ago, but I rarely wear them now.

I used to get really irked when someone said that to me too.

But it really didn't accomplish anything other than put me in a not so good mood.

I do realize that they just don't know what to say. Yes, we don't look sick. No one can look at any one of us and definitely say "Oh gee you must have MS".

Most of the people that say this to me are people that I truly do like, casual friends, former co-workers. I know it's coming from their heart and not meant to be hurtful. I figure, gee at least they are still talking to me!

So, yes be comfortable with yourself, enjoy the company of your church family and keep praying.

I know I do!

Comment

Ok, to be the bad guy.

This isn't texting. Is it so hard to write to instead of "2"?
      You instead of "U"? are instead of "R"? see instead of "C"?

Maybe it's just me, but I find this annoying on this site.

Comment

In all fairness, Tomjadg, we all do the best we can here on MSW. We have grammatical errors, spelling errors and missed words and thoughts and everything else under the sun! I think it's the thoughts behind the words that make a point.

I know having numb fingers makes it difficult for me to write anything and it forever!

And Marie - I rather like it when people tell me I look good. Better than the alternative when they say "hey, you don't look good" when I'm feeling just fine, thank you.

You are in my prayers too
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I agree that there are mispelled words and such. I do it myself, and would never point that out. It is a mistake.

This isn't a "mistake". It is the laziness of texting.

I have a numb hand also, but I never use "2" for to.

Comment

it is what it is

I left grammatical correction when I was diagnosed with MS.

No more Masters level education for me.

Now, am I not at Masters level, but, you get what you get from me.

We all have our way of conserving energy.

We all have our "pet peeves."

This is my message board, This is your message board. This is our message boards and we can tolerate what others can do because it is their message board, too.
            God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

thank you

Marie,

What a lovely name. It was my mom's name.

Thank you for the prayers.

I to, tolerate what people say to me. I myself have said "you look so good" to another MS er. I immediately put my hand over my mouth. Then I appologized. Then I said what a nice job it does hiding the job this disease is doing to our body, huh.

Keep hanging in there.
              God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

These past few weeks several friends have told me I look like "Doo Doo". Yep...have gotten it several times. If you get told something enough...you indeed take on that persona.

Why do I look like "doo doo"? Because I have been crying every single day since I got released from the hospital so my eyes are puffy and I have lost some weight. If you need to lose some weight, Iced Tea and an occasional ice cream sandwich sure does the trick. I have not eaten a full meal in two weeks.

A compliment of any kind would bring a smile to my face and a genuine thank-you from my mouth. It would make me feel better.

I wish that someone was kind enough to tell me I looked good right now. But, like they say...you can't polish a turd. So why even try?

I see this subject a lot here. Do you really want people to stop giving you compliments? Or would you rather them be brutally honest like, "Hey...those Steroids your taking sure make you look like the Michelin Man!"

I have always been of the opinion that it costs nothing to be nice. But being mean can cost you a relationship.

And the next person that tells me I look like "Doo Doo" just might find themselves landing on their doo doo maker.
                Katie
                "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
                "My MS is a Journey for One."
                Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by kelm10 View Post
                  This is my message board, This is your message board. This is our message boards and we can tolerate what others can do because it is their message board, too.
                  Well said. This is 2014. Texting abbreviations are a part of our culture. Some may like to use them. Some may not.

Oh well. Let's be tolerant and choose our battles. IMO, that is a piece of the respect that is part of internet etiquette.

~ Faith
                  ~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I know we are never supposed to disagree with others, but if U want 2 reed posts @ this web cite with LAZ texting, have at it.
                    This isn't texting here, and not part of the culture.

I have seen later posts by this person in regular language. Well appreciated, and read. I can just skip the texting posts.

Comment

Yeah, I don't mind abbreviations and grammatical errors but, I agree, when I see "U" it seems like an insult. The person doesn't have enough regard for me to type out the word. Now that we have autofill on many of our phones or Ipads texting abbreviations are disappearing.

What was the question again? Oh yeah. You look so good. I have been getting that a lot lately, too. I think people want to say something positive when there is nothing positive about MS. I just tell them they look good, too.

Comment

Working...
                      X