I now HATE Memorial Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I now HATE Memorial Day!

Not because of what it means, but because of a bad experience. I don't want sympathy. Far from it, I want to warn everyone that thinks they are strong or that refuses to let this disease get us down. USE SOME COMMON SENSE!!!!!

At about 4:30 in the afternoon on Monday, I walked in on a robbery in progress. It P!$$ed me off! How dare someone try to steal my things! I went off on the scum and he ran out of the house.

The story doesn't end there. He must have remembered that I had seen his face. He turned around, came back, and kicked in my door on top of me. He then pistol whipped me to the point of massive amounts of blood loss through the small artery that was squirting. I have shoe prints on my back and arms. He stole my car but left it less than 1/4 mile from there. Apparently, he underestimated a ticked off country girl (that refuses to stay down) because almost every redneck, and cop in our county have been hunting for him. As soon as he left, I was calling for 911 help and walked out to the road to try to flag help down. All while bleeding profusely.

When someone finally stopped, I was barking out orders as to who to call, the robber's description, and everything else I could think of. Looking back now, I COULD HAVE DIED!!!! HE COULD HAVE SHOT ME!!!!

I don't know if I was just too stubborn, hard-headed, or just plain stupid. I went into a house, that had obviously been broken into, without my side-arm, and nearly gotten myself killed. Now, 20-30 stitches, 15 staples, countless bruises later, I have hopefully learned my lesson.

Here is what will happen if I am in this situation again: I will be armed! I know it might be taken off me, but I will go down fighting. I will NOT live in fear! Please learn from my mistakes.
    All sunsets are beautiful, but the most amazing sunsets have a few clouds.

Oh dear, so sorry this happened to you!! I can see why you want to prevent this and feel safe.

Did they catch him, I hope?

May you heal and mend up soon.
    If you need to talk, I am here.

Gentle Hugs,

Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Wow! I am so sorry to hear what happened! What a nightmare! I'm just glad you are still with us. I hope they catch him and nail him for good.

Do you live alone? I hope you have someone close to watch over you in case he isn't caught and tries to come back

Hoping too you recover, both emotionally, mentally and physically, soon enough. Take care of yourself
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

He has been arrested.

My husband got there as soon as he could. My brother-in-law is a police officer with the county and heard the call and he raced there. I have lots of family support but I still get steaming mad when I think of the robbery.

I realize now that if I had been afraid rather than mad, I may have laid there and died. I just wanted to get my hands on the creep. God let me learn my lesson but I believe He let me be bold.

Comment

Your story is awful, but also a little awesome. Thanks to you, he will now have attempted murder on his sheet and eat roach infested food for the next twenty years. You are a Memorial Day hero. Who would this meth-head low life target next if you didn't take him down, a family with small children? An old lady who would break her hip and die three weeks later?

Comment

OH SulpherKennel,

While I am SO sorry this happened to you, I am THANKFUL you are OKAY!! My, gosh that could have ended up HORRIBLE. I applaud you for your fearlessness, but caution you to use caution if you are ever in another situation similar to this. Yes, a sidearm will help IF you aren't CAUGHT OFF GUARD!! Please utilize great caution (I too have a few handguns, know how to use them and support guns, BUT have to toss you some cautionary words, gal. Especially since us gals have to believe that others may think we don't know how to USE our guns).

STAY STRONG and SAFE.

LaTish
            Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

dyin

All of my closest neighbors are elderly. I am glad that he picked my house instead of my parents or one of my other neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by sulphur kennel View Post
                When someone finally stopped, I was barking out orders as to who to call, the robber's description, and everything else I could think of. Looking back now, I COULD HAVE DIED!!!! HE COULD HAVE SHOT ME!!!!
                Relaying all information you can remember shortly after it happened is smart! You are very lucky to be telling us this story.

Hope your recovery from all physical & mental trauma is quick.

Bree

Comment

OMGoodness sulphurkennel! People never know what they will do in situations like this. Hopefully because of you they will catch him.

I'm glad you are alright and I hope you have a speedy recovery.
                  God Bless Us All

Comment

Getting close.

The police have caught 1 of the people that have been connected to the string of burglaries that included mine. The man that beat me escaped but is being hunted this very minute. The vehicle they were in has been found and impounded. I thought I wanted some revenge but today I know that God will deal with him.....tomorrow, I might want to take care of it myself again.

Comment

They are in jail!!!!

They will be there for a long long long time!

Comment

YAY! Justice has been served! I hope you are all healed up by now.
                        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Wow. I am in awe of you. It is one of those things that you often wonder, will I be paralyzed by fear or be able to act. Thankfully, most of us never need to find the answer.

Please let us know how you are healing. I really am in awe. If you were serious about being armed, I am sure your brother in law could help you show the safest way to approach different scenarios. Good luck..it will remain a memorable Memorial Day.
                          Kathy
                          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Glad you are ok hoping they catch the other guy

Comment

Working...
                            X