Multilpe Charlie Horses???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multilpe Charlie Horses???

Hope you all are having a nice weekend. Very cold here in MI. My question for all the MSERS. My PT was stopped because of multiple charlie horses which triggered something nasty to my body. My rt. inner thigh quivers. Do any of you get that. My feet, hands get numb. And the fatigue is unimanageable. Me and my body are overwhelmed. My appointment with my neurologist is in two weeks. I was first dagnosed with "ProbableMS" and he told me we really have to talk. I'm hoping this diagnosis to happen. As strange as it sounds...........the unknown is killing me. I had a neg LP, 24 small to moderate hypersintity leisions in the brain and an abnormal EVP. Help me out. Do you think I'm nuts....because I'm getting to feel this way. I hope someone repsonds because I DO NEED feedback on this.

Thanks in advance.
    Have a good weekend.

My Best,
    Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Diamond we ALL felt nuts before our diagnosis (I am making a "blanket statement" with that, but think it is probably pretty accurate)..

Hang in there.
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Originally posted by fishead View Post
      Diamond we ALL felt nuts before our diagnosis (I am making a "blanket statement" with that, but think it is probably pretty accurate)..

Hang in there.
      afraid i fall into this category too! i get the multiple charlie horses too. SIMULTANEOUSLY!!!! this one of my more brutal complications, some last only a few moments, some a few hours. there is no rhyme or reason, something that helps me is a heating pad (a good option if you can do the heat)
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

First of all, I am sorry for all you have been going through.

Make sure you are tested for Vit B, Vit D and Magnesium. take extra potassium and Magnesium supplements.

But if it is MS, then it has a way of rearing its ugly head. Hang in there and let us know how you are doing. We'll walk this journey along side you if you let us.

Warmly, Jan
        I believe in miracles~!
        2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
        Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I sincerely appreciate your kindness and responses.

Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
          RRMS

Comment

Hello neighbor, I wish it was not because you might have the MonSter and I really hope you do not have M.S. but something more fixable.
            I get multiple charlie horses all the time that usually hit me in the morning and my feet and hands do get numb all the time and I have had the MonSter for many years but there are other things that can do all those things.
            If you need anything just let me know, you can put your email address in your information but not in your posts.
            From one YOOPER to another I hope you get some relief soon and I really do know how bad they hurt.

PEACE
            Tortis

Comment

Thanks Tortis!!!! Just saw we were neighbors.

Diagnosed 6-28-14
              RRMS

Comment

Tortis

They stopped my physical therapy because I started getting multiple ones during my session and really triggered my body. My body feels like a mess right now. I have a good attitude but the unknown is tougher than anything. Back to the charlie horses. They get bad. and the cramping in my toes whatever way I turn starts them up again. Very painful and uncomfortable. It disturbs my sleep and I've had a sleeping disorder for years. Hope you have a great day. The sun is out and who could ask for anything more.

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                RRMS

Comment

Susie that is so weird, I get spasms in the bottom of my feet and toes quite often lately and in some ways I think they are even worse than the charlies in my calves if that is even possible.
                  Please try to go with the flow and do not let the unknown stress you because if you do have the MonSter the stress usually just makes everything worse. I know that sounds like something that is easy to say but since I have been where you are its not easy to say or do,but doable.
                  "The sun is out and who could ask for anything more."
                  These are your own words and keep thinking positive like
                  this and you will do fine.
                  I hope you start feeling better soon and they find something easily fixable,but either way, stay positive and flexible.

PEACE
                  Tortis

Comment

Charlie please go!

I, too, experience a range of charlie horses on pretty much a daily basis. Started in toes and feet. Spread to ankles and calves. Lately has moved to my thighs. These are the worst as they hit any time of day - or night. My neurologist has just prescribed Baclofen for nighttime as that is the height of the spasms and they can go on for hours.

Heating pad does help as well if you can get to it before it becomes a full-fledged charlie horse.

Good luck! We're all here for you.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                      RRMS

Comment

hi all, i get spasms and cramps in my lower legs and feet. my caretaker put flexible refrigerator magnets in my socks when i sleep. i laughed, but said, cant hurt. i wasnt laughing the next morning. my feet touched the floor and my feet and toes were completely relaxed, no toes curled downward and no cramping in the arch. google magnets and ms.

Comment

OMG!!!!! I have to laugh.........but I am going to have to buy some magnets and try. I'll let you know.

Thanks for the tip!!!

Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                          RRMS

Comment

Google-- magnet therapy for ms--
                            Then click on e- how

Refrigerator magnets have the minimal gauss(power) to be effective.. I used a 12 inch by 2 inch strip around each ankle and taped them , not too tight it jhad enough of an impact to notice. 400 to 1200 gauss is best

Comment

Thanks bunches Barry!

Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                              RRMS

Comment

Working...
                              X