Could use some prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could use some prayers

Took mom to ER Wednesday after she was sick all night andchercstomach became distended. She has been to the doc Monday, but thought stomach bug that is going around.

Car scan was inconclusive, so did exploratory surgery Thursday. The were shocked to find large tumor which was in stomach, ovaries, uterus, etc... She had pap test, colonoscopy, endoscopy all within last 18 months.

Pathology report said most likely started in stomach or pancreas, stg4. She is in lot of pain. She has a high tolerance to pain, so we know it is bad. She's 84 and pulled thru open heart last year.

Please pray Godcis merciful. While never ready to lose Mom, I don't want her to suffer. It is going to be rough...Dad 88 and has moderate level dementia. He can't remember she has a tumor and keeps asking why her stomach is swollen.

Thanks ahead for any prayers, whichever God you pray to.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

this is terrible news, and i am praying for you and your mom and the whole family
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

So sorry Kathy! I understand your concern and stress as my SIL is also in the hospital right now w/ stage 4 breast cancer, spreading to liver, lungs and spine.

Know that I will be praying along side you!
      Please take care of yourself
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I'm so sorry, Kathy. I will definitely pray for your mom, you, and your family.

Please try to take care of yourself as best you can as well.
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Wow that stinks! A Mother's Day nightmare for sure! Sounds like your mom did everything right and fate intervened. Needless to say, I will be thinking and praying for you and your parents. So sorry.
          Tawanda

Comment

As we read your post requesting our prayers we do pray for your family and for you, Kathy. Many pray as they are reading. Even though they may not reply on this thread, many honor your request with concerns and thoughts which are a form of prayer. Believers take that same compassion before the Lord asking for a way through it all on your behalf.

I don’t know why people suffer. I understand why some cannot reconcile terrible suffering and a loving God. I can’t either. But faith is only faith when I am not dissuaded by the contradictions of immediate circumstances. I believe in God in spite of those contradictions because my knowledge is incomplete… I don’t see everything, I don’t know everything, and not everything is explained.

I’m reminded of Hebrews chapter 11 where so many heroes of faith were rewarded with spectacular deliverances. But the same chapter really changes gears beginning in verses 35 and 36 by saying others were tortured, whipped, stoned, sawn, killed by sword, wandered about destitute, afflicted and tormented. Why weren’t they delivered? No one knows. Verse 39 says, “And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise…”

Something to keep in mind is the story Jesus told in Luke 13 about a tower which fell and killed 18 people. In a nutshell he said don’t think that they were worse sinners than the rest. In saying that I believe he meant when awful things happen it doesn’t mean we are worse people, or others are better people. No, you don’t have MS because you are worse than others who don’t have it. Not at all.

In my own belief it appears very likely God’s creation involved an evolutionary process. Perhaps, at some point in those millions of years he imparted his own spirit or said another way, we became a living soul conscious of right and wrong.

It is a fascinating concept that we have become or were imparted an eternal aspect of a living spirit capable of continuing life, howbeit differently, after our bodies die.

It is not terribly difficult for me to reconcile science and belief. Since I am a Christian I feel I can say this… in order to make that reconciliation I have to toss some ignorant and uninformed religious teaching. It is much more difficult for me to reconcile human suffering and divine benevolence.

But I believe with complete knowledge that reconciliation would be possible. To me, that is faith.

By faith Kathy, praying for you and your family, I believe God will massage your spirit and your suffering mother and father, also. Leaving peace where there was turmoil, strength where there was weakness, and faith where there was despair.

I am fully convinced that there is a supernatural calm which can be received in any circumstance; one beyond explanation or description and one which will touch you as people pray for you.

May inward peace and strength abide with you, Kathy.

Comment

I'm so sorry for you and your family. A hospice can be a wonderful help to your mom. They can help control her pain and keep her as comfortable as possible. Hospice nurses can come to your home, the hospital, or special hospice facilities. They can be a good support for you and all you and your dad are coping with too. Take care.

Comment

Kathy-Prayers are already headed in the direction of you and your Mama. Hold her tight this Mothers Day.
                Katie
                "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
                "My MS is a Journey for One."
                Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

So sorry about your mom. Will be praying for her your dad and your whole family.

Comment

I am so sorry, I will say a prayer for you and your family.

May God be a comfort for your mother, you and your family.
                    God Bless Us All

Comment

I'm so sorry. You and your family are in my prayers. Peace

Paula

Comment

Sent up a prayer that God will deliver your family strength and mercy to your mother regarding her pain.
                        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

I'm so sorry, prayers are sent to you and your family.
                          Jen
                          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

A big thanks.

Thank you everyone. Mom passed peacefully last Tuesday, 5/13. As it was so fast, it was tough on us. But it was what we prayed for, as she was in a lot of pain. She really looked at peace which made her passing a little easier. Dad is now living with my husband and I. So much to do, but thankfully, my 3 siblings are all helping.

Once again, thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers.
                            Kathy
                            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Kathy - my heart goes out to you and your family. I really understand what you mean - this is what I also pray for for my sil.

Your dad is in good care now and your mom is too

Bless you!
                              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                              X