Symptoms stressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symptoms stressed

Hey so I've been reading posts for a few days now and thought I'd share what I'm going trough an ask a questions.

A weeks ago I was running and in 2 minutes my foot went dead numb and tingled like asleep.For the rest of the night I was an in pain. It went away the next day.

I've been walking a lot and occasionally my toes will go numb, seems like especially In cold weather. Are those ms symptoms.

Lastly for like 4 days I've felt pain in my leg. It feels like its coming from the inside. Only thing is it goes away once I start walking around or stretch? Today I don't really feel it for te first time in a few days.

Stres or ms symptoms? I have a neuro appointment scheduled worn a few momhs

Boston,

Be sure to write every symptom you experience down (a small pocket calendar might be best). Take that calendar with you to your Neuro visit.

I hope for you that you do NOT have MS. Stay in touch and let us know how things go.
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Thanks for the reply does the burning usual go away when people start moving around?

Comment

and in addition to writing everything down, right down when it happens and what you were doing before you experienced it and also what food and medicine you took beforehand. The more information you can provide, the better prepared you will be. Good luck
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Bostonfan,
          MS symptoms mimic a lot of other diseases, so you have made the right first step in booking an appointment with a neurologist! I agree with the others: track your symptoms until you see the doc. A hard and concrete list over a period of time is very helpful, no matter what the underlining issue turns out to be.

These symptoms seem so simple on paper, but of course, it is never that easy. The burning pain and numbness is so difficult to manage and can make you feel crazy at times! We all know as we have been there too. My suggestion is if it gets bad, touch base with your PCP for some symptoms management medication options. For me I use a hot water bottle filled with cold water for the pain in my feet and calves, especially at night. I have also used a low level heating pad (a lot of heat can make MS symptoms worse) on my calves to ease the burning. It kind of depends....

Hang in there and feel free to hang out here too. This board has great people, even if it turns out that you don't have MS. (check out the section for limbo landers).

Comment

Usually, anything that goes away reasonably quickly, like in an hour or so, isn't an initial symptom of MS.

That doesn't mean it's nothing to worry about.

Go to a doctor, and tell them everything. Good luck.

Comment

Don't have much to add except the part about you running. I was a former runner and it is common for runners to sometimes experience a numb foot or hand (lower extremities), but usually a couple miles into the run. So this might not be an MS symptom...especially if it goes away shortly after the run.

Burning, when I have it, and it is caused by MS it is constant.

Keep your Neuro appointment...and let's hope it is not MS.
              Katie
              "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
              "My MS is a Journey for One."
              Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
              X