No announcement yet.

I'm Out of the Hospital!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Katie, I just saw all your (and others) posts. Sorry you have had to go through all this.. glad for the outcome I wish you Tysabri success and wellness

Myoak, thanks for the info on Dr. Collins. I am going to share it with my biochemist son-he's been caught between a rock and a hard place.
    Linda

Comment

Yaaaaay Katie!!!

I posted this in your other thread but worth sharing again

Glory is brought to God through affliction.
      So,entires that affliction is removed, sometimes it is not.
      When the affliction is not removed,
      Glory is brought to God through enduring that affliction.

Hope comes through hardship. Hardship brings hope.

Katie, thank you for sharing with us!!! Prayers work!!

So happy you are comfy at home with your pup just letting the medicine help your body heal. Get caught up on some movies, or watch 'Too Cute' on Animal Planet. I do that when on IVSM, and it's too cute!!! Brings out the happy cells
      There is always a rainbow!

Comment

Katie,

Not sure if Tysabri saved my life, but I do know this= it helped me walk again.

I was walking with a walker, and poorly, in the summer of 2007. I started Ty that fall. 2 1/2 months after starting (along with P.T.) I was walking more steadily with walker. By month 4, I was walking with a cane, and by 6 months I was typically walking without any assistive devices.
        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Originally posted by fishead View Post
          Katie,

Not sure if Tysabri saved my life, but I do know this= it helped me walk again.

I was walking with a walker, and poorly, in the summer of 2007. I started Ty that fall. 2 1/2 months after starting (along with P.T.) I was walking more steadily with walker. By month 4, I was walking with a cane, and by 6 months I was typically walking without any assistive devices.
          Fishead-I did exactly what you did with Tysabri. Rollater to walking stick to nothing (usually).

I truly mean it saved my life as well. I have been very transparent about my MS. And it is like we all have a different disease...it is crazy. As I said above, I keep winning the C-Spine Lesion Lottery that cause me serious complications. Great thing about C-Spine lesions...they usually resolve on their own. Last year, I did not have the time to let them resolve on their own. Had TY not taken care of them, Chemo was the next option.
          Katie
          "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
          "My MS is a Journey for One."
          Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Jan-I will say it again, MSWorld needs more people like you. Can we clone you?

Linda-Thank you. Maybe all the drama can stop for awhile. I too am going to get the book recommended by Myoak.

Ikaika-Thank you Darlin'. Too Cute is indeed Too Cute!
            Katie

Comment

I also have a very large C-spine lesion that is the root of most of my symptoms. They are not fun.

Comment

Katie, I am happy that you are back home and feeling better. God is good! I will continue to pray for your healing. Hopefully you will get to relax and enjoy your home, your fur baby, and the beauty around you.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieAgain View Post
                  Fishead-I did exactly what you did with Tysabri. Rollater to walking stick to nothing (usually).

I truly mean it saved my life as well. I have been very transparent about my MS. And it is like we all have a different disease...it is crazy. As I said above, I keep winning the C-Spine Lesion Lottery that cause me serious complications. Great thing about C-Spine lesions...they usually resolve on their own. Last year, I did not have the time to let them resolve on their own. Had TY not taken care of them, Chemo was the next option.
                  Katie,
                  I DO believe that Ty "saved you", and am glad your C-Spine lesions resolved on their own. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, gal!! Wishing you a safe and relapse-free summer.

LaTish
                  (aka Fishead)

Comment

Katieagain,

You have been through so much, but are so strong and positive!! It is fantastic that you are here as you help so many in dealing with MS! Thanks for sharing your story!

God bless,
                    MGM

Comment

*****----------> HUG tackle th' KateAgain! Welcome home! Make yourself a tea with a very little something extra and enjoy your miraculously healed spine. And Paris.

Comment

LaTish-Wishing us BOTH a safe and relapse free Summer!

MyGirlsMom and Tia- Thank-you.

Football Mom- C-Spine Lesions are evil....pure evil. I am sorry you have one. Like I said earlier though, a lot of times they resolve on their own. So here's to healing yours.

Dyin-Your so awesome! I actually thought about you in the ER! I was thinking...."I'm suppose to be in Europe drinking wine when this all goes down...what Happened!!!!" And then I asked for propofol. Thanks for being there for me my TY Buddy!

Thanks again to everyone. I know I missed some by name, but I want you to know I appreciate your kind words.

I am starting to lift a little from the Steroid Crash...because they would not taper me because of my stomach...I am not complaining though...because Im still here, and there is a reason.

I think in a week or so I am going to be right as rain. Well as right as someone with MS can be.
                        Katie

Comment

Katieagain,

Thank you for your "wish" for us, and I am sure you will join me in wishing that we ALL have the perseverance to make it thru the heat of the summer.

Comment

Working...
                          X