Steroid crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steroid crash

I just finished a 5 day dose of prednisone (1250 mg x 5 days). As expected, I feel terrible now! My symptoms leveled of while on it, but now every symptoms is back with more intensity. Rebound effect? How much longer before I get back to "normal"? Please share your experience!

Hello Stacer,

I'm sorry you are feeling awful. Every time I have IV steroids I always feel awful. I have never had my sx's get better then come back but it takes about two wks. for me to start feeling better.

I hope you feel better soon.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Oh the rebound effect!!! It can last for about 1 to 2 weeks and then you will start feeling better.

Sorry you are going through all of this, but it soon will pass.

Take care.
      Lisa
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

For all my readings and research I've done on MS Ifeel like a dolt. I just finished 3 days of IV Solu Medrol and feel like a truck hit me....I am exhausted. Can someone explain what the rebound effect is, since that must be what I am going through. I always thought that the steroids gave you tons of excess energy!

GiGi

Comment

Sunapee

I just finished five days of IVSM...with no taper. Steroids usually fix my symptoms immediately, but it can take a few weeks. And yes, Steroids do pump your energy levels up, but once you come off...you can be very tired. I am experiencing that right now. You have to remember you had 1000 mgs of steroids pumped through your veins each day...that is hard on the body.

Rest, and you will feel right as rain soon. I took a three hour nap this afternoon. And a 9:00 Bedtime is sounding pretty fine to me right now.
          Katie
          "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
          "My MS is a Journey for One."
          Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
          X