First world problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First world problems

I know, I am being whiny but dang it, I feel like crap.

I blame the MS this morning. I feel like I have a hangover and I didn't even get to have any of the fun beforehand. Went to bed early to try to recoup my energy and wound up oversleeping. Staggered through the morning getting ready for work with all the speed of a glacier. Got in an hour late, with a riproaring headache and feeling slightly nauseous. Gonna be a great day. I am trying to feel better, working on a yogurt and brought some ibuprofen.

Pray for JoJo.

What do you guys do when you feel this way? My usual "count your blessings" doesn't seem to be getting any traction. I can't go home sick, I spent all that gas money/effort getting here....

I just promise myself to get some sleep and don't think about it. Ritalin helps a lot and there are other meds you can keep handy for those days.

By now, you've probably recovered. I find that making the other things in my life work, primarily the relationship with my wife helps. Note that this took a few years after diagnosis, but it can be a motivator. I drag myself to the Gym all the type and people admire me for it - but I tell them I have more riding on it than the average person.

Are you new to our little club, or a long-time member?

Comment

Relaxation exercises help me a lot. Maybe check out some videos on Youtube?

I felt awful this morning too with pretty bad spasticity but after my chair yoga class that concentrates a lot on breathing and relaxation, my body was moving a lot better.

Comment

Was going to start a thread but it seems like the same theme. I went to "work" and I say that because basically, other people did my job for me all day. It was an early dismissal day supposed to be an easy one. Then, I cried out of frustration and pulled someone else off task so they could hold my hand. It's slump week, I told myself. Maybe my prenatals are causing this nausea and malaise. People were asking me and telling me to go home. I stayed because if things go really south someone can dial 9-1-1, I figure.

Comment

I keep hanging in there purely out of spite.

OK, that's not true, but it makes me feel a little better saying it.
          PPMS
          Dx 07/13

Comment

Thanks foe responses. I did feel better after the ibuprofen. I need to get more sleep for sure.

BigA, long time member but new user name after my old computer took a dive and I couldn't remember the log in info. At all.

"...hanging in there purely out of spite." Heh. LOVE it.

Comment

Working...
            X