Excerise and MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excerise and MS

what type of excerise do you do if you can't even walk....wheelchair bound able to move slowly in the house....what should i do?

A referral for Physical Therapy might be a good start, considering your limited mobility.

If that's not an option, you might consider searching for exercise equipment that can be used at home. I've seen a small, inexpensive pedal 'thing'. It's a small unit that sits on the floor, has bike type pedals that can be used while sitting in a chair, on the couch, etc. I found several models at Target.com, including one for the upper body, priced from $33 to $70.

Good luck, I hope you find a good PT or a good exercise routine.

Comment

MSActive Source also has an exercise dvd available for MS patients. http://www.msactivesource.com/ms-diet-and-exercise.xml

Some of the exercises there can be done sitting down.

But I agree, PT would be a great choice, they can work with you and your abilities to set up some exercises that will be beneficial.

Good Luck.

Comment

If you have access to a pool with a lift to get into the water, I would look into that. Perhaps a PT would have some resources. I find the water is the best therapy for me because gravity is no longer an issue.

Our pools have punchcards for a reasonable rate. However, this fall we are putting in a Waterwell for therapy at home. 110 miles roundtrip in the winter in Montana is not conducive
        to exercise.

Comment

Working...
        X