now my 20 year old daughter is coming tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now my 20 year old daughter is coming tomorrow

Nice lunch with my 23 year old daughter today, now my 20 yr old daughter is coming over tomorrow. I asked her to take me to the mfp's office so I can pick up a rx, then go pick up the rx.

I have been really cold, and my blood pressure has been low. My fp has upped my thyroid med level after my blood test. My younger daughter said that she doesn't want to hear that I've enter the hospital, and I should b more open. Well I don't know. I studied accounting, nothing medical.

I'm fine at receiving shots or iv's as long as I don't look. But I wouldn't b able to give a shot. I just wouldn't b able to do it.

My temp is still @ 97.5 and my bp is still @ 107/70. So my daughter asked me what happens if it doesn't go up. Well I don't know

It might be time to offer her some responsibility. She's an adult, and it sounds like she wants to help. How can she help you? Decide and offer her a way to do it. I was the caregiver for someone who needed that help - and I don't regret a minute of it. Ask her what her goal is and go from there.

Comment

heliotrope, that is great advice

So, I talked to her on the phone yesterday, and she said she would b here @ 9am to take me to dr to get my increased synthroid rx since my temp and blood pressure are both low.

Well, she didn't show up, so in the rain, me and my electric chair got everything done, even though I went to the wrong building first. So, I looked everything up on bing last night, since I can't remember where anything is located.

So I got to my correct building, and now I am home. I have my increased prescription. Even if my rx doesn't help, my blood pressure should have risen doing everything in the rain, etc.

But I can't complain, I'm home in my comfy bed now, where I'll b for the rest of the day. And I was a little lucky. I happened to notice my cushion I use on my chair, on the other side of the parking lot. $20 heck, I went and got that. If I wouldn't have the cushion for my chair. . . . . . Now later I'll have to get back to the car and clean and dry the cushion cover.

C, what a wimp I am. I can C why it seems not a big deal to my daughter, but I am really surprised I got all that accomplished this morning. I can feel the exhaustion from it now. & I'll have to stop posting my posts of complaints. I need to remember to stay positive.

Comment

Marie-

This should be a really big deal to your daughter. I personally find it outright shameful that you had to drive around in an electric wheelchair in the rain.

You are not a wimp...please don't degrade yourself like that. And you know what Marie, it is OK not to be positive all the time.

I am concerned that someone has put into your head that you are not a valuable person. I think you are absolutely delightful. And that is what I think you need to remember.
        Katie
        "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
        "My MS is a Journey for One."
        Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

oh Katie, that is such a sweet post

Thank u Katie. I really appreciate your post. This really means a lot to me. Yes, I don't know why I have such a low self esteem. It really shouldn't be. I have always been very smart. Even after losing most of my brain do to the blockage of my jugular vein in my neck, I think I do ok.

That is the most difficult for me. I put up with the pain, not being able to use my legs, but my brain. Please, not my brain.

Comment

If you can put together the two paragraphs you just did...your brain is still working and you are still smart. I think this disease makes us a little slower sometimes...OK a lot of times, but it does not make us dumb, and we still have feelings.

And do please throw your low self esteem right out the Window. Anyone that was able to pull off what you did today is absolutely magnificent in my book.
            Katie
            "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
            "My MS is a Journey for One."
            Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
            X