7 year old with wobbly legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 year old with wobbly legs

I don't want to jump to conclusions because I have MS. But my 7 year old has always complained about wobbly and tired legs after exercise. She also complains about walking around the mall and wants me to rent a mall stroller for her. My 5 now 6 year old has no problems at all. Am I making too much out of this?
    Suspected MS 1985. dx 1994 still RRMS EDSS 1.0

As a parent, I'm constantly on 'hyper-alert' whenever my kids complain about pain, sensations, etc. that are inexplicable (not caused be a specific event or injury.) Yes, I guess I'm paranoid. I try to hide my concern, act non-challant... I don't want them thinking or realizing what I'm thinking!

As for weak and wobbly after a mall walk, you could have her pediatrician make an accessment. It might be nothing or it might be something completely unrelated. Does she have PE at school? Does she run around at home or at the park and then have these symptoms?
    Symptoms 8/09. Dx 1/10. Avonex 2/10 - 1/11. Copaxone 2/11 to 5/13. Tecfidera 5/13 to 2/15. Gilenya 12/15 to current.

Comment

She does play and run around normal. But I often hear her complain about the weak or wobbly legs, then she says oh I am just tired.
      Suspected MS 1985. dx 1994 still RRMS EDSS 1.0

Comment

Is she mirroring your words, perhaps?

It might be worth a call to school to see if she is making similar comments after recess or gym. Children will sometimes behave differently when parents aren't around. If nothing else, it can put your fears in perspective.

Comment

I remember when my son was about four he would "pull his antics" when he was with me, but not when he was with his mother. I am the one with MS. When he was with us both, he would not do anything. Sometimes it is a case of "monkey see, monkey do". We did not know what was going on with him until we compared notes. I hope this can be of some help to you.
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Am just wondering...

Is your daughter feeling better or still dealing with wobbly legs? I meant to comment earlier when you first started the thread but medical issues happened and time got away from me. We had a similar experience with our daughter when she was little. I hope all is well now.

Comment

Working...
            X