TN and sensitive teeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TN and sensitive teeth

Does Trigeminal Neuralgia ever make your mouth or teeth hurt? I've noticed that all my teeth have been sensitive for about a week or so. Can't think of any other reason for this.

Thanks.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

I have it

I also have TN and my teeth hurt allot ( could hardly eat ) Tell the doc you want gabopentin it works fine for me ... 600 mg 2 X a day

Comment

TN

I have been wondering about this also. I think I must have it also. I have had a history of headaches my whole entire life and recently within the last 10 years, I have noticed jaw pain with my headaches at times. Within the last year, I have noticed that my teeth hurt at times also. Do either of you have headaches also?

Comment

I've been getting more headaches than usual. And I am getting little zings under my jawline on both sides. This is a new symptom for me. I've had the TN in my right cheek/eye/temple but now I get a little bit on the left side. Always changing.
        Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Marti: It is not uncommon for people with MS to have bilateral TN if caused by a lesion in the brainstem. It does make your teeth hurt. One thing you can seek out is nerve blocks for your TN if nothing else is helping. They are pretty effective. I have pretty bad bilateral TN and use them, but take anti-seizure meds too. So, the combination works for me. I hope you find something that works for you too.

Chat with your neurologist about your options when you go in.

Hope you feel better soon!
          Take care
          Lisa
          Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
          SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
          Tysabri

Comment

yes, and it's not your teeth it's the nerves. I no longer have my nature teeth and still get the pain. It is really weird because I always thought it was problems with my teeth. Now it's to late, but it's the nerves and yes I still get the intense pain. I take 100 mg of tegretol to help but every once in awhile the pain sneaks right back in.

Good luck
            DIAGNOSED=2012
            ISSUES LONG BEFORE
            REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

My TN causes a constant dull ache across my top teeth, and sometimes makes my whole lower jaw feel like it's throbbing. I take neurontin for the electric shock type pain I get across my temple, but it doesn't seem to work as well for the aching.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleivy View Post
                My TN causes a constant dull ache across my top teeth, and sometimes makes my whole lower jaw feel like it's throbbing. I take neurontin for the electric shock type pain I get across my temple, but it doesn't seem to work as well for the aching.
                WOW interesting, as I have the upper teeth issue as well. I always have TN pain. Luckily, it is tolerable most days, so I do not take anything but Aleve. The pain remains but it is tolerable. MAN O MAN, when it is NOT tolerable I cannot control it for all the "tea in the harbor".
                Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Working...
                X