feeling a bit down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feeling a bit down

my mri's have shown no new lesions for at least 5 years now but i continue to go slowly downhill and im fighting so hard to resist gravity and go back uphill. im only 33 yrs old and have no kids, no husband or boyfriend, live alone and struggle to walk because of balance and stiffness and weakness and muscle fatigue and using walker but always try to keep hope that ill walk normally again and i will i just have my moments when i feel so down when the meds are letting the pain back in or i see people walking and just enjoying life and i cant enjoy that simple pleasure yet. i just need something to smile about for a change.

grace4et; So sorry to hear you are having such a bad time right now. I wish I could offer you words of comfort..but lying isn't part of who I am.

Hopefully, your abilities will return and today will be a fading memory... Fed

Comment

I feel you

I'm 28 and in your same position. Very lonely. I don't know what did it but I'm really wanting to get out there now.

I wish I knew what caused my change in attitude. I'm new to all this MS stuff and am in my first remission that's lasted longer than two days.

Keep your head up or people saying things like that still kind of frustrates me. I wish I had some advice :/ All I can think of is maybe get a fun easy hobby. I'm sorry
      Sx start May '13 | Dx'd Dec '13 | Tysabri Feb '14 [Neuro's call&saved my life]
      Just because we don't feel flesh, doesn't mean we don't fear death

Comment

MS sucks.

Friday night my boss and Fluffy Rabbit, my co-worker, went to a farewell dinner for a nice bloke who's worked for the company for 30 years. I said, very sorry, love to go, but I just couldn't. I felt bad, and sad about it.

The farewell was held in a town 100kms away, so they decided they'd better stay the night. Separate rooms.

My boss got ever more "tired and emotional" as the evening wore on. Fluffy called it a night.
        He lost his room keys, his wallet, his phone and his shoes at some stage.

At three o'clock in the morning, he decided the time had come to call it a night. No room keys, so he started banging loudly on what he thought was Fluffy's motel room door, and shouting, "Come on, let me in. Don't worry, I want to sleep on the couch. Let me in!"

It was the wrong door. The woman inside rang the police.

Fluffy emerged from the room across the hall in her dressing gown and said, "Yes, unfortunately I do know him."

She talked to the woman, the police and the hotel manager, got him another room key, and told him, "Right, we are leaving at 7 in the morning, you had better be ready."

Seven came, 8, 9, 10. He wasn't in his room, and he didn't have his phone. Finally he turned up, with all his worldly possessions in a plastic shopping bag, in a borrowed pair of thongs (flip-flops, I believe you call them) looking decidedly green.

Fluffy, for whom my sympathy has grown in leaps and bounds, drove him home, stopping every ten minutes so he could have a quiet vomit.

So who said there's no plus side to having MS?

Feel better.

Comment

Grace4et

When I was first diagnosed, I was living on a Military Base and with the exception of going to work, I was pretty much confined to Base Housing....oh sucko!

I took up a hobby. For me it was Quilting....not your Grandmas Quilts...I do Art Quilts that can be hung on a wall.

Find a hobby that is very time consuming. I know a fellow MSer that actually turned her Hobby into money. She takes peoples collections of pictures and turns them into the most beautiful one of a kind photo albums.

If you can find something that requires you to think...you don't have time to think about MS. It helped me.

And Think- Fluffy Rabbit has the patience of a Saint. He is lucky she was there, I would have told everyone that I did not know him and let them haul his behind off to jail.
          Katie
          "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
          "My MS is a Journey for One."
          Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Sometimes it bites the right person.
            All sunsets are beautiful, but the most amazing sunsets have a few clouds.

Comment

Grace

Originally posted by grace4et View Post
              my mri's have shown no new lesions for at least 5 years now but i continue to go slowly downhill and im fighting so hard to resist gravity and go back uphill. im only 33 yrs old and have no kids, no husband or boyfriend, live alone and struggle to walk because of balance and stiffness and weakness and muscle fatigue and using walker but always try to keep hope that ill walk normally again and i will i just have my moments when i feel so down when the meds are letting the pain back in or i see people walking and just enjoying life and i cant enjoy that simple pleasure yet. i just need something to smile about for a change.
              Grace,

I don't have any words of wisdom and don't want to sound pollyannish -- but if you enjoy movies, maybe getting a comedy from the library can give you a few laughs. There are also TV sitcoms available there. Over the years, I've checked out seasons of Seinfield, Kramer and Kings of Queens.

As Fed mentioned, I too hope your abilities will return and today will be a fading memory.

Bree

Comment

Hobby

Grace,

As Katieagain mentioned -- a hobby. Whatever you enjoy doing.

I like arts and crafts: sewing, dabble in crotchet, etc. I just finished a no-sew blanket for my FIL. Simple, yet so beautiful and kept me busy. I have two other ones I'll be starting soon.

There are so many ideas at stores like JoAnnes. And they have kits to get started -- they don't have to be expensive either. Sometimes in the kids section, they'll have simple starter kits. Those are great to try something for the first time to see if you like to progress. Here in Ohio, there are always coupons for Joanns Fabric or Michael's in the Sunday paper.

Walmart has a variety of these also -- there are also various paint kits: pictures, figurines, etc.

Hope you're able to find something that brings you pleasure.

Bree

Comment

I think a lot of us get more down on ourselves this time of year. It is funny how a few days of sunshine pick me up!

I like the hobby idea. We all need something.
                  Brenda
                  Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

thanks for the kind worgs everyone!!!

Comment

Grace and Chowda, I am in your same boat! 31 years old and pretty well alone. I have heard the advice about finding something to do and keep myself very busy. I would also say that figuring out a way to connect with people somehow is important. I struggle with this, the not feeling like everyone else my age, having an invisible illness, being isolated, etc. I keep trying though- trying to get myself out of my gloomy isolation. It's hard but even the struggle makes me feel a little more alive.

I have also learned that connections happen in places you might not have thought so keep an open mind!

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                      X