Shirley Temple Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shirley Temple Black

I just found out that Shirley Temple Black co-founded the National Federation of MS Societies in 1961. Her brother was diagnosed with MS in 1952. Thank you for your support, Shirley and may you rest in peace.

Wow - I didn't know that!
    I remember seeing a lot of her movies on our black and white TV years ago. She is now on that "Good Ship Lollipop" sailing to heavenly realms and may she rest in peace forever
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I didn't know either until I read a comment made on another site. I posted on Facebook this morning that she went to heaven on the Good Ship Lollipop.

Comment

Thanks for the information, marybenes

I have seen every one of her movies, more than once. She was such a talented child.

Temple said her interest in international work came after her brother George was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1952. She became active in the local and national MS societies and eventually helped found an international federation of MS groups.
        http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=851760
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Shirley Temple Black was a great example of a child actor who grew up to be an exceptional citizen. A woman with many extraordinary talents. May She Rest in Peace.
          Katie
          "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
          "My MS is a Journey for One."
          Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Let's not forget her service to the US as an Ambassador. A true class act in so many ways.

Comment

Wow! I didn't know that either. Thanks for sharing, may she rest in peace.

Jen
              RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
              "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Working...
              X