Just wondering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering

Hi.....just wondering if anyone in your family has MS?

Hi

My biological mother, her sister and their mother all have MS
    ~Morphi~

Thrown from the top of the waterfall, well I'm drowning in piranhas in the river...man, what a drag!

Comment

No. One (now deceased) relative had psoriasis, but other than that no autoimmune disorders at all.

Comment

I am the only one in my extended family. My parents (ages 92 and 91) say there hasn't been anyone having MS through their ancestry.

How about you, diguilio? Are you the only one too?
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Inherited??

No MS diagnoses, but other autoimmune. Mom had severe Rheumatoid Arthritis and my sister has Hashimoto's Disease and possible R/A. I do believe there is a hereditary aspect so I pray for my kids to be spared.

Comment

Seasha

YES, MY BROTHER HAS MS ALSO.....

Comment

no one but myself has MS in my family. There are other members of my family that have raynaudes disease, and that is autoimmune. I have MS, diabetes, and raynaudes. I must be the lucky one
              hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
              volunteer
              MS World
              hunterd@msworld.org
              PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I'm the only one that I know of. I also have psoriasis, several family members have it. I had a severe case of blood clotting to the degree the veins had dried out in my leg. If I don't take my blood thinners I get clots. They suspect I have raynauds in my legs.

Comment

My Sister and I both have it. Diagnosed 20 years apart! The only other notable autoimmune was my Grandmother - she had rhumatoid arthritis and Parkinson's disease.
                  Symptoms 8/09. Dx 1/10. Avonex 2/10 - 1/11. Copaxone 2/11 to 5/13. Tecfidera 5/13 to 2/15. Gilenya 12/15 to current.

Comment

Aside from some distant cousin that I've never even met, I'm the only one in my family that has MS.
                    Diagnosed 1/4/13
                    Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Comment

No, I am the only one. No other health issues in my family at all.

Comment

My mom has RA and my grandma has fibro but I am the first in a huge extended family to have MS and I hope and pray I am the last!

Comment

Yes

I was diagnosed in 2005. My second cousin in 2008'ish? And my younger sister in 2011. I'm currently on Avonex and LDN (Previously copaxone and Rebif). My cousin is on Gilenya. My sister is on Tysabri.
                          Dx - Jan 2005
                          1st Symptoms - Dec 2004
                          Currently treatment - Tefidera (6/14) & LDN (4/09)
                          Past treatments: Copaxone, Rebif, Avonex, Solumedrol IV, Prednisone

Comment

No other MS, but we have wondered if my mother may have had mild form, few weird symptoms that disappeared but no permanent damage. Other than that, lots of autoimmune in immediate and extended family.
                            Kathy
                            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I have a first cousin with MS. Something strange though is the woman that lived in my house before me had it as well as my next for neighbor and the neighbor across the street. Don't know if that means anything but weird.

Comment

Working...
                              X