A dizzy question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A dizzy question

I know this doesn't follow the MS pattern, but I was wondering if anyone gets dizzy when you bend over a little? Seems like this happens a lot lately.

I checked my blood pressure shortly after and it was ok. So what do you guys know about this?
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

If you know for a fact you have a brainstem lesion that is causing your dizziness, then position can affect it. Mine gets worse when lying down on both the left and right side, even though I have no ear problems, they tell me its from my pontine lesion.

If you have no evidence of a lesion that can be causing your dizziness, you may want to check into an inner ear problem like BPPV as it often causes problems of dizziness with head movement.

Good luck Marti dizziness is miserable and they are treated somewhat differently.

Check with your neurologist to be sure what is causing your dizziness so you will know how to treat it.

Take care
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

I too have dizziness when standing up from bending over. I have lesions on my brain that have caused dizziness for almost 20 yrs. They have been worse at times with bouts of vertigo.

However, still when I bend over and then stand up, my head gets full, my vision is blurred and I have to catch my bearings before I can move.

I have described it to my neuro as a permanent "buzz". Not as fun as one might thing. :-/
      ~Piper - DX'd 2/2010 - Mama, Wife, Working gal

Comment

Working...
      X