Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please

37 yr old male was a patient at Johns Hopkins...MRI results. Few T2 hyperintense foci in subcortical white matter of bilateralparietal lobes, nonspecific. Have had memory problems, lightheaded, numbness in both hands and fingers and awful muscle spasms in my legs. Could it be MS?

Ravenbare: Did you talk with your neurologists there? Your MRI reveals a few hyperintense foci: which means a few bright dots on the MRI. MS lesions are oval in nature and are rather large on MRI. Your doctors have the final say in whether or not to investigate further considering your symptoms. This is why I suggest you talk with your neurologist about your symptoms, your MRI, and what he/she is thinking may be causing your symptoms and where to go from here. You are going to one of the best hospitals available so they will help figure it out.

Good luck
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

I have to agree. You've been to Hopkins, one of the finest medical institutions in the world, with a neurology department known for excellence. If they can't tell you what's going on, certainly nobody here can. Symptoms are just symptoms, and your MRI is nonspecific. So you'll have to talk with your neurologist for his/her take on your situation. Wishing you well in getting it all figured out soon.

Comment

Working...
      X