Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many DMD have you tried

I was diagnosed in Sept of 2011.

I started on Avonex, when that failed I started copaxone, just found out that failed now getting ready to start Aubagio. I was just wondering if this means I am progressing fast or something.

Rebif, Copaxone, Tysabri and now Tecfidera.

I "failed" the first three. Fingers crossed for Tecfidera!
    ~Victorya~
    ------------------------------------------
    -Better living through chemistry

Comment

I started with Copaxone, then to Avonex, and I am now on Gilenya.

I love Gilneya! I have no noticeable side effects, however I did suffer from headaches for the first several weeks after I started it.

Comment

a year on Avonex, more lesions, a year on Rebif; itched all year, a year on Tysabri, more lesions so tested and had developed neutralizing antibodies. Been on Copaxone since 2009 and stayed pretty much the same.

Different meds work differently for everyone.
        Brenda
        Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

multiple DMDs normal

I have had 10 yrs or so of DMDs....started on avonex, 6 yrs (stopped due to itching), rebif yr or two (came off rebif to try tysabri), tysabri, 6 months (bottomed out my blood pressure), betaseron, couple yrs (came off beta to try tec)....and now Tecfidera.......free from needles!

Comment

Some neuros believe that if you have breakthrough disease on a first-line drug, like Copaxone or Avonex, your disease is more aggressive and you ought to graduate to Gilenya or Tysabri (or Tecfidera at the least).

More conservative neuros will cycle you through the safer first-line drugs to see if they can find something that works better. I tend to think that's an old approach, and if I had breakthrough disease, I'd be asking for the harder stuff. But I'm no expert. I just read a lot of blogs.

Good luck however you go!

Comment

No, it doesn't mean it's particularly aggressive. The stats you see for each of the drugs are averages derived from all participants in their studies.The total number of relapses, etc for each group is totaled, averaged and then compared.

That means that in the drug group (both groups, possibly) there were people who had no relapses, some that had a lot and some that were somewhere in the middle. Not everyone sees that 30%, 60% or whatever % reduction (Some do. Some do better and some see no difference whatsoever). It doesn't mean that they are progressing or that their MS is aggressive. Just that the drug in question didn't give them the average results. Other indicators show their MS's aggressiveness.

I have been on Copaxone, then Tysabri, then Copaxone again, then Rebif, back to Copaxone, then Aubagio and now I am back to Copaxone. I would have also done Gilenya, but I failed the pre-testing. So that's 4, almost 5 drugs. The Copaxone through Rebif cycle was in the first year and 3/4 after dx.

Copaxone has done the most for me. Statistically speaking, Ty should have been much better and Aubagio slightly better, but they weren't the drugs for me. Copaxone has reduced my relapses significantly, but we are always hoping to reduce them even more. Pesky PRMS!

Comment

Copaxone: too much activity in a short time frame fo my neuro (ON, sensory flare from a spinal cord lesion, new brain lesion all as separate events over the course of a few months after no activity for a year).

Rebif: never acclimated to the flu like effects.

Avonex: suicidal thoughts; never before and never since. Interferons are now out of the question for me.

Aubagio: hair fell out.

Tecfidera: so far so good!

Comment

2 years of Rebif which made me feel worse than my MS. 6 1/2 years of COpaxone, haven't had a steroid flare since Jan/09!!!
                  RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                  "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I have been on 4, ended up on Tysabri. This is the best drug for me. It has kept my relapses at bay, and my lesions away.
                    Even though I have now progressed into SPMS, it still helps with my symptoms. I think it keeps me stable. I am not stopping it to find out.

Good luck!

Lisa
                    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
                    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
                    Tysabri

Comment

2 for me. I started on Tysabri, which stopped working after 20 infusions. Then I moved to Rituxan. I had my infusions late Nov./Early December last year.

Kyle
                      At weddings, my Aunts would poke me in the ribs and cackle "You're next!". They stopped when I started doing the same to them at funerals. Dave Barry

Comment

Avonex, Tysabri now Tecfidera. Had to come off Tysabri because I am jcv+ and had been on it for 6 1/2 yrs. I loved Tysabri and hopeing for the best with Tec.
                        God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
                        X