Lab Lists anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lab Lists anyone?

Hello, I am a limbo lander and all I know for sure is that a 'normal' 48 y/o women should not be having these symptoms, now what it is is still a mystery.

I am going for my routine labs at the end of the month with my PMD and she said she would run the labs necessary to to rule out or in, MS, so I know that's a lot, because You basically have to Rule Out all the other autoimmune diseases it could be before you can maybe say it's MS.

I have a partial list of labs. But her nurse would like me to find the actual names of the tests, so they can input them correctly. For example: not just saying 'the test for Lupus,' but the name: ANA. etc.

I tried to find a list here searching and I cannot seem to locate one. I know it must be somewhere. So a link to that would also be very helpful.

Here is what I have already:
    CMP
    CBS w/ Diff
    Sed Rate
    CRP
    RPR
    Vit B-12
    Vit B-6
    Acetylcholine rec binding AB, blocking and modulation AB
    Protein electrophor serum w ife reflex
    CPK
    ANA

What is the name of the Inflammatory markers? The ones that check the IGA, IGG IGM?

What am I missing?

I don't need the radiology testing, as she is just my PMD. (I am having her do these so we have the results for my next Neuro appointment on Feb 13. Since I am moving out of state that week and am trying to expedite this so I have as much as possible for my all my new doctors once I get up there.)

Thanks so much everyone!

You will need a test for Lyme disease. You need to check with your neurologist for a list of tests to rule out mimickers. MS cannot be diagnosed with a blood test alone, and all of these tests will be repeated when you/or if you get an LP.

Your neurologist can fax the testing over to your PCP so that you may get the right ones. That is the best thing to do so that you do not miss anything. Sometimes docs like to add on to lists of particular testing.

Good luck!
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

thanks

Thanks so much. I appreciate that. I will call them today and see for sure. :-)

Comment

Working...
      X