finding MS friends locally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finding MS friends locally?

I would love to talk to someone who lives close to me. Is there a way to find peeps close to me and to reach out to?
    I have a "almost positive" DX. Going for last batch of tests in 2 weeks...evoked response, BAER, and CNS. Sure would like to talk to someone.

Call your closest National MS Society; you can google your state/city to find one. But I just asked around and found several people with MS in my town. Amazing how many.

J
    Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

People with MS

Many of the local newspapers will show schedules of all meetings in the county. Sometimes the local hospital will know about local group meetings or tell you where you can find the information. Your right sometimes it is nice to be able to talk to someone else who shares your predictment.

Comment

I looked up Huntsville self-help groups and there is one:

Huntsville
        Dowdle Center-Check Monitor for Room #
        109 Governors Drive SW
        Huntsville, AL 35801
        2nd Tuesday, 6:00pm

Info on self help groups:
        http://www.nationalmssociety.org/cha...ups/index.aspx

All Alabama groups:
        http://www.nationalmssociety.org/cha....aspx?id=49619

**Email address removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**

Comment

FWIW, it wasn't my email or contact info. It was the self help group's listed in the PDF.

Comment

Hi misslux - The moderator note is a standard form we put up for any email here. We know it wasn't yours
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Many states are gearing up for their MS Walks as well that are put on by the MS Society.

This would be a local event, maybe just check one out and make some contacts there as well.

Comment

There is a site called "My MS team" that has a lot of us on there and you can search by area for others near you. Everyone on the site has been very friendly and helpful.

Comment

thank you thank you

Omg! Thank you everyone. Missslux..I did find that support group. I wish it met more often. you only the 2nd Tuesday of every month. I was going to try to go but I had MRI's scheduled that night and by time I was done...I had a nonstop jerking/tremor in my right hand. I looked like I was in a Jerry lewis movie and didn't feel confident about going like that.
                  Has anyone called the peer counseling number on ms society website?

The ms walk is a great idea! I just hope I feel good enough that day to participate.

Thank you EVERYONE..so kind and helpful

Comment

my ms team

Cmorris....going to check this out Monday. What is your experience with support?

Comment

Mobile, Al

Come join our brand new FB group:

We are wanting to do the same. We are getting ready to enjoy the MS Walk on March 15th.

Hope to see you join our group!
                      All my best,
                      Belle

**Email address removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**
                      BamaBelle

Tysabri 03/14-present

Comment

Hi tryingtosmile. I am in Decatur and was just diagnosed 2.5 weeks ago. I'd love to chat

Comment

Originally posted by tryingtosmile44 View Post
                          Has anyone called the peer counseling number on ms society website?
                          I think my peer call was through the Society and it was very reassuring (if not totally hair-down-honest as they are restricted on what they can say or comment on, I think).

I'm just up I-65 from you, but not around the corner but if you keep searching, I'm sure you will find others to meet with...

Comment

Working...
                          X