changes in weather affect anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changes in weather affect anyone?

I don't know if this is what is going on, but I have been in a fair amount of pain in the past few days; since we lowered our thermostat. My parents stayed with us for Christmas and my father is very cold natured, now. They also live in the south, where the winter months are shorter and milder.

I guess my body adjusted, somewhat, to the higher temperature because I have had an awful time since then. It could also be related, somehow, to the cold/sinus mess I've been fighting, but it is only affecting the right side of my body. I have pain in my shoulder, down my right side (from my backbone to my stomach), down my hip, REALLY painful in my hip joint, and a little down my outer right thigh.

I don't know of any one thing that I could have done to cause this kind of pain, but it is certainly making my life difficult. I have had to get extra rest, in order to fight off this cold, but I have trouble getting comfortable. Even when I sleep at night, I am awakened by this pain.

Is it possible that part of this is triggered by the change in my thermostat along with the changes in weather (colder weather conditions)?

Proverbs 31 wannabe
    Isaiah 26:3,4 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the Lord forever: for in the Lord JEHOVAH is everlasting strength."

Your cold was not brought on by the cold weather, but your pain certainly may have something to do with it. Both infections and cold weather (both inside and out) make spasticity worse and that could be causing your pain. Mine is off the charts these days, I have to pry my legs apart in the mornings and physically pull my arms out they are so tight.
    http://www.rorc.research.va.gov/resc...spasticity.cfm

You need to call your doctor about this and see what he thinks the problem is. After you see him, write us back and let us know how you are doing and what he said for you to do, OK?

Take care and feel better
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Lisa,
      Thanks. I do realize that the cold weather, itself, didn't cause me to catch a cold. Hope I didn't make it sound like I thought that.

I do, however, think it (my cold) wore me down a bit; well, that and the stress of the holidays. I am not sure when I am due to see my neurologist again, but I do think it is wise to let him know how I have been feeling. Oddly enough, today was a better day. I am, however, a little concerned about the extreme change in temperature (dropping into the single digits tonight and tomorrow).

I will definitely try to give an update.
      Thanks, again. :-)

Proverbs 31 wannabe
      Isaiah 26:3,4 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the Lord forever: for in the Lord JEHOVAH is everlasting strength."

Comment

I've been down sick for almost 2 mos.

The coughing, sneezing and blowing my nose has made me weaker than I've ever been. I get this often and have never been or felt as weak as I have been.

My body feels like I need to rest and get some sleep, my head is wide awake and wanting to perform.

Please keep us updated, eternally curious... fed

Comment

I've come to learn from my own experience, and my neuro and research that MS and any temp extremes affect us greatly.

The cold goes right through me, down to my bones, my feet are always freezing cold to the point of being numb...

summer i swell up like a balloon, and have to be careful being out in the sun, yet cold water, or ac always fixes the problem.

for me i'd rather be in warm than cold, because i can fix it simply by cooling off. neuro also told me it depends on where your lesions are and how it affects our own internal thermostat.

Hang in there, it's taken me 3 years since diagnosis to adjust to my new "Norm"
          Jen Dx'd 5/11
          "Live each day as if it were your last"

Comment

Thanks for the answers, everyone!
            I'm still having a LITTLE bit of the muscle cramps, but haven't had any more Charlie horses. Still having upper respiratory issues, but doing the best I can to take care of myself.

Proverbs 31 wannabe

Comment

Working...
            X