ive been afraid to ask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive been afraid to ask

does anyone smoke cigarettes? and drink?

I use to. Quit smoking about 7 years ago.

I did enjoy having an occasional drink with friends at parties and weekend or what ever. Stopped drinking when I started the dmd's etc.... Started a healthy lifestyle to help with sx. Nothing has helped much so far.

Would like to start having a drink again once in a while since I don't believe anything is helping me "FEEL" better.

Don't want to be a party pooper but it's only a downhill battle why not enjoy ourselve as much as possible in the mean time?

Good luck to you!!!
    DIAGNOSED=2012
    ISSUES LONG BEFORE
    REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

I drink. I drink R and R and water. I frequent smokey, local bars and have an occasional good cigar.

I never have liked cigarettes.

You and I have MS and we should be concerned about our health....but we are after all; just people who are living life.

J
      Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Not smoking anymore. I resisted for a long time, 10 yrs, but finally HAD to quit smoking to try to improve my health situation. Im glad I did. I generally feel better.

I do still enjoy a glass or two of wine
        [I]Tellnhelen
        Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

No, and it wasn't easy dropping the addiction....

and Yes, a daily cocktail which I enjoy fully.

Jer

Comment

mercadies25

I'm right there with ya! I did everything I could think of to slow down my MS: DMD, Ampyra, exercise, PT, supplements, gluten free, dairy free, no alcohol. 3.5 years later I'm no longer able to "walk" the dogs, have two rollators, and one electric scooter. Sorry, at 62 life is just too short. I don't smoke, but now I thoroughly enjoy each and every Bud Lime Light I drink!

Comment

Yes and yes....Been trying (even before my diagnosis ) to quit smoking, not having much luck. I have absolutely no self discipline.

As far as drinking, couple of times a month, sometimes more than I should.

Comment

I don't smoke and I drink about 1 glass of wine, weekly with dinner. I used to drink wine, vodka, tequila whenever it was offerred. I could handle a couple of drinks a night. Now, I don't drink more than 1 glass of wine per week.

Comment

I smoke half a pack per day and rarely drink, maybe a dozen drinks per year.

Comment

I do not smoke, but I do drink, just beer and nothing stronger ( because I prefer beer). There have been many times that I have had a few ( or more) and it has not affected me much. The symptoms that are associated with alcohol ( slurred speech, impaired reaction time...) do happen more quickly for me.
                    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                    volunteer
                    MS World
                    hunterd@msworld.org
                    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

We are after all just people who have MS.

J
                      Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

I was thinking about starting to smoke to prevent Parkinson's disease. Who on earth would want to be diagnosed with a degenerative brain disease??

Comment

Oh Lord, you're not meant to do anything, but you're a long time dead.

Honestly, no cigaretts, no liquor, made not a blind bit of difference. Could of course, be wrong. Certainly hasn't miraculously healed me, giving the cigarettes away.

Beer, I figure is okay. Can't drink much.

Comment

I quit for 5 years, then after a dwai I started again. I cant drink or use mmj so I needed something. I did however just switched to a vaporizer. Not one of the electronic cigs but one you can refill yourself. Much less chemicals and no smoke. Wish I hadn't restarted but . . . wish I didn't have MS either! GO EAGLES!
                            Leave the Heat and Stress for the birds!

Comment

I've never been a smoker, but I do enjoy the occasional adult beverage. I see no harm in it when done in moderation.

Comment

Working...
                              X