Question about MS and lupus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about MS and lupus

I wasn't quite sure which forum to put this in but anyway...I was diagnosed with RRMS 2 years ago. I have been having several relapses and continued problems this whole time.

Now they think I have another autoimmune process going on besides MS that could be causing all of the problems I have been having. They say either Lupus or Sjogren's and want me to start taking Plaquenil and Methylprednisolone. I have been taking Rebif for my MS for about 7 months now and I tolerate it pretty well.

I am just wondering if anyone else has gone through or is going through any of this also. Did any of the medications interact with each other? Did the Plaquenil make you feel better and help the Lupus symptoms?

I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed and uncertain right now and would like some input from someone who has gone though or is going through the same thing. Thanks!
    RRMS diagnosed 10/2011
    Rebif since 2012, Vitamin D 4000IU

Originally posted by ruthr923 View Post
    I wasn't quite sure which forum to put this in but anyway...I was diagnosed with RRMS 2 years ago. I have been having several relapses and continued problems this whole time.

Now they think I have another autoimmune process going on besides MS that could be causing all of the problems I have been having. They say either Lupus or Sjogren's and want me to start taking Plaquenil and Methylprednisolone. I have been taking Rebif for my MS for about 7 months now and I tolerate it pretty well.

I am just wondering if anyone else has gone through or is going through any of this also. Did any of the medications interact with each other? Did the Plaquenil make you feel better and help the Lupus symptoms?

I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed and uncertain right now and would like some input from someone who has gone though or is going through the same thing. Thanks!
    I just did the 23andme ancestry kit and what didn't suprise me was that I was at an elevated risk for MS, but what I found weird was st the same time, I was at a lowered risk for Lupus and RA...I always thought these AIs were a tight community, but maybe not!
    Tawanda

Comment

Working...
    X