Fun, fun, fun, 'til...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun, fun, fun, 'til...

Argh. This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten...

It's all right, really. E and nuff. I do believe I'm quite, you know, courageous, good humoured and tolerant, but I've had just about enough of this.

Yes, another aneurysm blowing up, but I'll take that. I want some relief from this delightful flare from hell (aka MS).

And that means STEROIDS! Found the US national institute of health advisory info, which said the 'roids reduce inflammation, and therefore should be given ASAP. Halts further inflammation, and possibly damage.

Temporary rise in blood pressure to be expected. Good.

Like it's not high now, due to stress, and the inability to walk. Forwarded the article to doctor. Two weeks. Not getting any better.

I'm okay. Sha'n't (note the excellent punctuation) be doing anything stupid, but WTF, OMG.

If only I knew some bodybuilders.

Really sorry.....
    Crystal

Success is a journey, not a destination

Comment

Originally posted by Thinkimjob View Post
      Argh. This is the end,

Yes, another aneurysm blowing up, but I'll take that. I want some relief from this delightful flare from hell (aka MS).

And that means STEROIDS! Found the US national institute of health advisory info, which said the 'roids reduce inflammation, and therefore should be given ASAP. Halts further inflammation, and possibly damage.

I'm okay. Sha'n't (note the excellent punctuation) be doing anything stupid, but WTF, OMG.
      Just lived thru the same thing in August! (I don't recommend it.)

It had been a hot stressful summer here and I had a head-ache for days, then I woke up with a black eye.

Because I could not get in to see my Dr. (crappy American health care system) I went into the local emerga-care center.
      They did a CT scan then freaked out and sent me to the ICU in an ambulance.
      After four MRI's, a bunch of CT scans a few days in the hospital.... All I get is; "That's strange?" - "We should keep an eye on that."
      Then I get to scramble to find $3000.00 to cover my copays.

They did nothing to help me. Just lots of tests and very expensive recommendations that I should pay for more "test's".
      Never any answers just tests that give me other crap to worry about.

Then solumedrol IV at home and recommend more MRI's.

I should have just stayed home in bed, did the IV and called it good.

Now I am stuck arguing with my crappy POS HMO so they pay their share.

As time goes by I do start to wonder; Why bother?
      Why not just make the best of it and take life as it comes.
      Nobody seems to be able to help me.
      Why keep wasting time and money for tests that just scare me with crappy news of stuff I should, "keep an eye on."?

I have a better idea. How about I quit wasting every extra dime I have on test's and go on a fun vacation or buy a new car?
      This SUCKS!!!

Did you ever get any answer's why you suffered an aneurysm? Or do you need more "test's"???

Comment

Vacation

I agree with you tommylee. Take those pennies and go on vacation. At lest it will be more fun then all those tests and you will feel better. Let's all go with tommylee.

Comment

Oh no Thinkij...
          Yes, another aneurysm blowing up
          Pretty tough to read about this, sure hope it hasn't taken more from you?

Without googling it, I believe steroids are contraindicated with aneurysm's. Looks like your M.D. knows your health pretty well.

...glad that ipad is there though! fed

Comment

Oh, no the aneurysm blew up eight years ago. I was about to get on a plane, when it happened, but like a loon, instead of calling 000. (911), I got on the plane, and set a new world record for vomiting on a one and a half flight.
            It was eventually all right, three seven hour operation, coils in brain etc. Now they'd like to put a stent across it and seal it off for good. The surgeon, who I love, said the risk of stroke during the operation was there, and agreed that a stroke on top of MS wouldn't be good.

I've always thought of it as my get out of jail free card, but I'm obviously not meant to go just yet.

Comment

Working...
            X