Got my DNA kit back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Results back

Hi! I just got my results back. 23andme had me low risk for MS. Prometheus had several positive or high risk MS results. This is really fascinating. I'm still trying to figure out how to save or print the data. Prometheus goes away after 45 days. I'd be interested in hearing about our members results (if you want to share ). So glad this subject was brought up!

Comment

My specific evil genes

I probably should have posted my results. My risky genes for M.S were as follows: HLA-DRB1 (odds 2.54X) and ILRA (odds 1.08X). I have yet to run my results through the other program as yet.
      Tawanda

Comment

Apparently the FDA has shut down their 'health' assessment. Wishing I had read these comments earlier.

Comment

Wanted: Geneticist to dumb down my DNA reports

Originally posted by bubblebabe View Post
          Just an FYI.

They still process your DNA just like they always did but now they can't give you their interpretation of the health data. You still get the Raw Data which you can put into a 3rd party program that will interpret it for you.

I got this from their blot comments (I didn't write it):

to download Promethease for free. It will take 4 hours to analyse your raw data and give you all the health and trait information 23andme used to give you, and more. Or if you are impatient, you can use the website to analyse it faster and give you a nicer GUI, but that costs $5 so I just use the free version.

In your Promethease report, Click on "Topics" then click on 23andMe/SNPs to find the same information 23andMe used to give you (but not explained as clearly). The
          other parts of the report are also interesting. geneticist

This is just an FYI. I'm not promoting or suggesting anything, please do your research but I did want everyone to know that the option is there to still get your raw data.

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**
          Hey, I did try this (in celebration of M.S. Month) and again,, a risk for M.S. popped
          right up. I wish I knew someone a whole lot smarter than me who could dumb these reports down for me, but I guess I found out what I already suspected. With so much M.S. in my family, there was bound to be some horrid DNA and now 2 reports have shown it.

Promethease did mention that Vitamin D might help, but no guess on what point in development this becomes so relevant for M.S. prevention. My guess would be give your kids Vitamin D from day 1...just your pediatrician and your neurologist how much (not that there is a magic number written in stone though - nobody wants to do many vitamin studies as there is no $ in it!).

Be well!
          Tawanda

Comment

Working...
          X