Eyelid Droop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eyelid Droop?

Do any of you have a droopy eyelid that your dr has said is possibly related to MS? One of mine is increasingly droopy, worse as I am fatigued. At first I thought it was my peripheral vision going, but they I saw in the mirror how droopy my eyelid is/was. Opthamalogist checked for optic nueritis, nothing wrong there. Also did bloodwork for myasthenia gravis, but nothing positive there either. Don't think it is Bell's Palsy, as I can move the rest of my face around.

A droopy eyelid isn't normal. MS can cause a droopy eyelid but so can other things. If the ophthalmologist doesn't have any answers, what does your neurologist say?

Another reason it doesn't sound like Bell's palsy is that in Bell's palsy you can't close your eye not that the eyelid droops.

I hope your neurologist figures out what's going on.

Comment

macarolina: Sometimes the MG blood test is negative but you can still have MG. I would talk with my neurologist about it. It is pretty classic to have a droopy eye that steadily gets droopier as you get more tired in MG. Again, this is something you should talk with your neurologist about. Many of the MS and MG symptoms crossover.

Best of luck to you. Let us know how it goes.

Lisa
      Moderation Team
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

This is weird. I was diagnosed with MS 2 years ago but about 4 years ago I woke up with an eyelid so droopy I could barely see out of that eye. I went to my Doctor who saw nothing alarming about it and said wait and see what happens. It went away after just a few days. Now I wonder, could this have been MS related??

GiGi

Comment

I have muscle weakness on one side of my face.

The opthamologist says the weakness around my eye and eyelid is definitely MS. My eyelid droops, if I follow the dr's finger with my eyes, or look too long in a certain direction, all the muscles around my eye (on one side) will quiver, and that eye will eventually close and it's like a spasm, very hard to open it. There's a name for it, I think it's something like blepharo...something or other, not sure what the word is and too lazy to go look it up, but I know it starts with blepharo And I've never had ON just diplopia.

Anyhoo, it's not just around my eye, but my mouth, lips, generally the whole side of my face doesn't move. However, my forehead does move and I'm able to crinkle my brow so it's not Bell's.

Since MG was ruled out, there is something called Horner's Syndrome and I'm pretty sure it involves droopy eyelid...not always associated with MS, but sometimes. You might want to google that.

Hope you find some answers.

Comment

Working...
          X