Other options with Medication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other options with Medication

I am looking into yoga, meditation, and more natural foods. Has anyone had success with any of these?

Originally posted by clay_07 View Post
    I am looking into yoga, meditation, and more natural foods. Has anyone had success with any of these?
    I guess it depends on what you call success.

Meditation does not change how I feel physically, but it does change the way I feel about what I'm feeling (if you catch my drift ). In other words: it's good for changing my attitude, but not my symptoms...
    1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
    NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

What medications are you looking to replace?

Comment

Yoga/Meditation- Good for staying flexible and counter-acting the effects of stress. In terms of the root cause and effect of MS they don't do much besides helping to offset the effects of stress and helping to improve your range of motion.

"Diet". This is a far-ranging topic. Understand that calories are calories (and most diet experts sell books). If you take in more than your body burns you will gain weight in the form of fat. If you take in less than your body burns you will lose weight-eventually.

There are people who know they have benefitted from every diet you can imagine, from vegans and vegetarians to pure "paleo" (nothing but meat and fat) eaters and seemingly everything in between.

In my case, I consider myself a bipedal omnivore and follow a healthy diet based on the ancient FDA food pyramid which I have fine-tuned to fit my lifestyle and range of motion.

To date, there is no conclusive proof that diet controls any outcome and effects of MS. However, a healthy diet can have an effect on quality of life and freedom of movement in the form of over-all health (outside of the effects of MS). Your Dr. should be the first person you consult.

Comment

Originally posted by misslux View Post
          What medications are you looking to replace?
          Not looking to replace. Looking for somethings that can help other than medication.

Comment

Working...
          X