Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Special thanks to Lisa (moderation team)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special thanks to Lisa (moderation team)

Hi, I just joined this site about a month ago.

I have looked at other forums on the internet and there hasn't been one that I have found as great as this one.

I especially wanted to give Lisa (from moderation team) a huge thank you.

Lisa, I have read soooooo many of your responses and when I do I feel like I am in a Doctor's office listening to a true professional. I have so many questions that I don't want to bother my Dr. with but many of these have been questions asked by others on this site, that Lisa has given great feedback to.

Lisa, thank you for your support you have given me and so many others on here. Your a great example for me and I am sure lots of others on how to live and live happily and knowledgeably about ms.

Take care,
    Tira
    Tira

I second that! Lisa has been a tremendous amount of help to me personally!
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks from me too!

Tira,

Thx for starting this thread!

I've been meaning to give props to Lisa too.
      I've suffered w nausea/dizzy spells for 25 years. I was caught in that merry-go-round of docs not being able to Dx. When we did finally hit on MS, Lisa suggested Valium. It has made a HUGE difference in my daily quality of life.

So Lisa, Here's to you girlfriend! Please hang w us and keep spreading your words....
      Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
      Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

Comment

Yeh...all the above!!!

Thank YOU LISA, not only do you help us improve our quality of life~~~~you explain things in a way we can ALL understand!

Thanks for being here!!!

and all the members--there are some Stellar members that make this a one stop M.S. site for me. fed

Comment

Thanks to all of you guys and to everyone else who is so helpful with explaining everything! You guys are very sweet!

Lisa
          Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
          SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
          Tysabri

Comment

Yes..thank you!!! You are a great moderator!

Comment

Hi Lisa,
              a quick question for you

My spinal results showed "O" bands only and I've been concerned of the 'protein' from other posts of yours (the blood hemolyzed from my LP).

I've requested a re-do and have been firmly told twice...You Have O Bands and with the lesions and symptoms..You Have M.S. it is not necessary to re-do the spinal?

What do you think?
              Thanks, I know there is probably a better place for this question, but I've been up for a couple days now and MLD just came out from under the covers and said it is time to try to sleep.

And I think I am in a flare and impatient..sorry.

I'll check for an answer in the AM or later, if these spasms keep me up again tonight...had them over 24 hours now. But, I did post that in another thread I pray you and the others that KNOW, will check out???

Again..THANK YOU LISA! You have no idea of your value! No idea! fed

Comment

Hi,

I second that!!!

Lisa you've been a great help!

Minnie76

Comment

LISA~know that you are always appreciated, no matter what, said or unsaid. Your knowledge, expertise is greatly appreciated. But knowing you understand, are compassionate and take the time to answer our many, many questions.

Hugs to you and yours~
                  let us know what YOU need to ok hon?

Jan
                  I believe in miracles~!
                  2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                  Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I agree.
                    Lisa, I always try to read your posts.
                    You always have good suggestions and advice.

Thank you for taking the time out to help us.

Sometimes, I want help without calling my neurologists office for every single little thing.

You are appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Fed Up View Post
                      Hi Lisa,
                      a quick question for you

My spinal results showed "O" bands only and I've been concerned of the 'protein' from other posts of yours (the blood hemolyzed from my LP).

I've requested a re-do and have been firmly told twice...You Have O Bands and with the lesions and symptoms..You Have M.S. it is not necessary to re-do the spinal?

What do you think?
                      Thanks, I know there is probably a better place for this question, but I've been up for a couple days now and MLD just came out from under the covers and said it is time to try to sleep.

And I think I am in a flare and impatient..sorry.

I'll check for an answer in the AM or later, if these spasms keep me up again tonight...had them over 24 hours now. But, I did post that in another thread I pray you and the others that KNOW, will check out???

Again..THANK YOU LISA! You have no idea of your value! No idea! fed
                      Oh, Fed: If your LP showed o-banding, and your MRI showed lesions, then you have MS. No worries. You definitely don't need another LP! I would put that thought out of my head! You are fine. Thanks for your nursing contributions too!

Lisa
                      Moderation Team
                      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
                      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
                      Tysabri

Comment

Where's the "like" button when you need it? :-)

Yes; thanks to Lisa for being an important contributor to the moderation team.

~ Faith
                        ~ Faith
                        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Add my thanks!

Comment

Thank YOU LISA!!!

Just wanted to be certain no stone was unturned. They do tell me I have M.S.; I am just not 'accepting' it so well! fed

Comment

Working...
                            X