Biting the tongue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biting the tongue

Has anyone else bit their tongue on the underside?

It is weird but I have done this before, not eating but just talking or when I sleep, I have bit down on the underside of my tongue.

It is soo sore and it is noticeable every time I talk or eat now. Fear its going to do it again.

I feel I have no control over it, it just happens.

I used to wear a night guard for my teeth because of the removal of my braces.

Thinking I might get it back out, if it fits, to help prevent it from happening again.

This happens every so often and I was a bit nervous to tell anyone.

I bite the side of my cheek and tip of the tongue too but not as often as the underside.

I know Im weird
    STR

not the bottom, but i bite the sides all the time! it will swell so i bite it more often then (just my luck).
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

That has happened to me (inside of the cheek) from time to time since I was a kid. My mom always said it was because I ate high inflammation foods ("hot" foods in traditional Chinese medicine).

Comment

This unfortunately has been happening to me for many years. It started in the '80s when I bit my tongue so hard I thought I had punctured it.

This has continued off and on since then. I can kinda feel when it may happen because Im tired or otherwise exercising some kind of symptoms. I just "slow down" with the chewing. It may help or not. I am not aware of doing it in my sleep. Know that you are not alone
        [I]Tellnhelen
        Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

Hunterd ... you are so funny, that has to hurt

misslux ... come to think of it ... I was chewing pizza and
          hubby said we had chinese the other night
          when I did it too. They did have hot spices.

tellnhelen ... will try the slowing down chewing.

I was wondering if my meds might contribute to this problem. But I will cut down the spices and the fast chewing.

Thanks to all
          STR

Comment

I do, I call it lazy tongue syndrome.

I do not bite the sides of my mouth. the dentist told me the best way to prevent that is sort of exhale a slight puff when biting down. Didn't fit my issue and sounded like too much trouble. He said with practice, it works well. fed

Comment

Working...
            X