Sublingual B12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sublingual B12

How much sublingual B12 do you take to give you energy? I have been putting one 1000 mcg under my tongue everyday and I have no more energy. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain! Diagnosed '99. And still learning about this disease!

Where did you get the idea that B12 gives energy? It could be that you aren't getting a boost of energy because that isn't what B12 does.

The Livestrong website says:
    "Unless you have a specific deficiency, the proper daily adult recommended vitamin B12 intake of 2.4 micrograms should be enough to maintain a proper working metabolism that produces a sustainable amount of energy. However, it cannot always cure fatigue symptoms or boost your energy beyond the normal levels, so it should not be used as a panacea."

MS comes with a special kind of fatigue. Have you tried one of the stimulant medicines used to fight fatigue in MS?

Comment

I really did not want another prescription to add to the small pharmacy I already have. I read this on ehow.com about Vitamin B12

This is probably the best*vitamin*for energy out there. It is necessary to promote healthy absorption of food, the synthesis of proteins, and the metabolism of carbohydrates, all of which are directly related to energy levels.

Read more:*http://www.ehow.com/facts_4827676_vi...#ixzz2fA9ysOZ1
      Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain! Diagnosed '99. And still learning about this disease!

Comment

B12 and energy

I think it's talking about the energy to do all of of its "jobs" at the cellular level.

Comment

B12 won't give you a burst of energy. It is used, like the above poster mentioned, at the cellular level. It's not a bad idea to make sure you're not deficient but for an immediate improvement in fatigue it will leave you wanting.

Comment

Working...
          X